Scared spitless

Old May 14th 2009, 10:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared shitless

Originally Posted by geeandtee
Ha! I don't think anyone up in Mesa knows where Coolidge is!

I just wish the ****** would tell me over the phone.
Some people have an easy life. I had to travel to a neighboring country to get my PR medical all those years ago. Stupid doc said my blood pressure was a touch high. I told him if he'd worked till 10pm the previous evening, then done a 6-hour drive to be here for the only unearthly morning appointment they'd give me, his blood pressure would also be a touch high. He seemed to lose interest after that and I was certified A1 .
Old May 14th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared spitless

Actually, that's something. Could he fail me on BP? Because mine was through the roof when the nurse took it.
Old May 14th 2009, 10:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, that's something. Could he fail me on BP? Because mine was through the roof when the nurse took it.
And if BP isn't on the list (which I don't think it is), why do they bother taking it?
Old May 14th 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
And if BP isn't on the list (which I don't think it is), why do they bother taking it?
No, i don't think it's on the list either.
Old May 14th 2009, 11:09 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

Blood pressure is not on the list of Class A conditions.
The need for a heart or a liver transplant is not on the list.
Even cancer is not on the list.

Here's the rub: if you're found to, say, need a combined heart-lung transplant, you are not excludable for public health reasons, but it raises a RED FLAG for public charge issues. And the Designated Civil Surgeon is obliged to raise the issue. And the USConGen would then ask for more reassurance on the issue of financial support.

geeandtee sounds like she and spouse are pretty healthy -- obviously this was a surprise to them -- so it's probably nothing catastrophic like the need for a transplant. Let's all of us try not to add to her uncertainty and fear at the moment.

--J
Old May 14th 2009, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JCraigFong
Blood pressure is not on the list of Class A conditions.
The need for a heart or a liver transplant is not on the list.
Even cancer is not on the list.

Here's the rub: if you're found to, say, need a combined heart-lung transplant, you are not excludable for public health reasons, but it raises a RED FLAG for public charge issues. And the Designated Civil Surgeon is obliged to raise the issue. And the USConGen would then ask for more reassurance on the issue of financial support.

geeandtee sounds like she and spouse are pretty healthy -- obviously this was a surprise to them -- so it's probably nothing catastrophic like the need for a transplant. Let's all of us try not to add to her uncertainty and fear at the moment.

--J
If I ever find myself in LA, I am buying you dinner.

That makes a lot of sense about the public charge/financial support issue.

Thank you, again.
Old May 15th 2009, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

meauxna, that is not true I simply answered he question it happened to someone I knew why ya'll so sensitive on here geezze!
Old May 15th 2009, 1:59 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

maybe its even something daft like the test didnt work correctly (or was lost etc) and they need to repeat it. They are uber paranoid about discussing medical stuff over the phone so it doesnt have to be nasty to call you.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Understood about being upset and anxious. When is your appointment to see him again? I'm wondering about your blood pressure test. They might want further testing to see if it continues to stay high or goes down to a normal 120/80. My doc makes a big deal of it when mine hits 128 even though the bottom number never exceeds 70. Or it could just be as simple as one of the tests were inconclusive and needs to be redone.

It is easy to worry and easier for me to say not to worry. If your appointment is not tomorrow why not see your own doctor tomorrow and have the blood pressure checked there and have him run a blood test on you. He will at least get the results within 24 hours and put your mind at rest with that.

JCF, a gold star on your side of the column for your compassionate replies.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:33 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Rete
Understood about being upset and anxious. When is your appointment to see him again? I'm wondering about your blood pressure test. They might want further testing to see if it continues to stay high or goes down to a normal 120/80.
Cut the coffee, caffeine and C2H5OH for a couple of days before your visit and replace with H2O. Knocks 10 points off mine.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Understood about being upset and anxious. When is your appointment to see him again? I'm wondering about your blood pressure test. They might want further testing to see if it continues to stay high or goes down to a normal 120/80. My doc makes a big deal of it when mine hits 128 even though the bottom number never exceeds 70. Or it could just be as simple as one of the tests were inconclusive and needs to be redone.

It is easy to worry and easier for me to say not to worry. If your appointment is not tomorrow why not see your own doctor tomorrow and have the blood pressure checked there and have him run a blood test on you. He will at least get the results within 24 hours and put your mind at rest with that.

JCF, a gold star on your side of the column for your compassionate replies.
Our appointment is tomorrow so, luckily, not long to wait. My BP was ludicrously high. I'll make sure I have a couple of bananas for breakfast and only one cup of coffee. I had a blood test a couple of months back when the doc first tested my BP and it came back clean.

JCF definitely deserves a gold star.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:43 am
Septicity

Our appointment is tomorrow so, luckily, not long to wait. My BP was ludicrously high. I'll make sure I have a couple of bananas for breakfast and only one cup of coffee. I had a blood test a couple of months back when the doc first tested my BP and it came back clean.

JCF definitely deserves a gold star.
Cut the coffee, totally! You can double your ration the second you leave the office!
Old May 15th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Update:

Just a slight anomaly on the blood test.
Have to retake...panic over. Needless to say, I had about 2 hours of solid sleep last night.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Back on the red tape wagon I climb.
Old May 16th 2009, 12:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

Have to retake...panic over. Needless to say, I had about 2 hours of solid sleep last night.

Yay! Now you can sleep the sleep of a baby tonight.

FB: My pressure only goes up when I see him. 5 minutes before surgery last month and mine was a nice and even 109/72 and after surgery 105/70. He just makes me nervous.
Old May 16th 2009, 1:10 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

I´m glad it was nothing serious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.