Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Current L1A to Employment Green Card

Current L1A to Employment Green Card

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

tamhawk1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current L1A to Employment Green Card

Hi

I have currently been living in the states for 2+ years and I have around 10 months left on my L1-A visa. My wife and children all have L2 visa.

I have spoken to my company and they have agreed to apply for a green card instead of another visa. I beleive that the green card that they will apply for will be the one through employment.

Can anyone tell me:

How long this process will take?
Will I have to return to the UK to complete the process?
What status will my wife and children have?

Many Thanks
Tamhawk1969
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current L1A to Employment Green Card

Originally Posted by tamhawk1969
Hi

I have currently been living in the states for 2+ years and I have around 10 months left on my L1-A visa. My wife and children all have L2 visa.

I have spoken to my company and they have agreed to apply for a green card instead of another visa. I beleive that the green card that they will apply for will be the one through employment.

Can anyone tell me:

Many Thanks
Tamhawk1969
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592391
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:51 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current L1A to Employment Green Card

Originally Posted by tamhawk1969
Hi

Can anyone tell me:

Many Thanks
Tamhawk1969
Hi there,
Just been through the same process, from L1A and L2's to GCs. Depends how they are going to do the GC but if it's the same as mine we filed in August 2007 and received our GCs about two and a half weeks ago now. Route was I-140 filing by company (to petition for the GC) and I-485 Adjustment of Status (taking us from L's to GCs). They were filed at the same time.

We didn't have to return to the UK for any part of the process and my husband and kids also have GCs (they were originally the L2s).

Someone else on here might come along and tell you rearding the other way GCs are gained as I can only comment on my own experience. Hope that helps.