Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice
Default Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Originally Posted by mavios
I think it's very hard to give an accurate estimate even with a 2 months error it would still be hard.
Anyway are you CSL/MODL or just MODL or is it non-MODL?
I know it is, just anxious! non-MODL
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
I know it is, just anxious! non-MODL
May be what you need to do is to stop thinking and forget about it
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

May be what you need to do is to stop thinking and forget about it
Bit difficult to forget about it as I may very shortly be may redundant in Australia, otherwise I wouldn't care!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

bit confused re state sponsored processing. I know they are top of the list and its said they will all be allocated by 13 Feb when they will start allocatiing CSl them modl etc.

What happens to state sponsored submitted after the 13th? Will they jump to front of queue as they come in? eg after late feb all ssv will have co then new ones arrive - do these get the next available co til they are all allocated and then it goes back to whatever category they were on?

If so by the time the ssv's, csl's modls are contemporaneously allocated basic 175's will be drawing pensions before allocation!

Does a state sponsored submitted now (before 13th) get an almost instant co?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

jaketheory is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Safin
Does a state sponsored submitted now (before 13th) get an almost instant co?
of course not. i have state sponsorship and am still awaiting a case officer. nothing has been spontaneous for me. I am not too confident in them allocating all state sponsored applicants by Feb 13 but would like to see it. But it doesn't really mean that much if it should. It could be that each case officer is getting a giant pile of applications and thus it still may take months for that CO to get to my file.

You'd obviously be behind me in the queue. i applied online, low risk country with a very straightforward case (no partners, no dependents, etc. . .) in early Sept '08.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I did mean 'almost instant' compared to the 6-10 month wait currently experienced. If they do meet their projection of 13 feb than anything put in now wouldn't be too far behind that surely???

Although you've been waiting since sept they have only been working through the backlog of employer sponsored and then State sponsored application for a month. So hopefully you'll hear something very soon.

Like you though I'd be amazed if they really did accomplish all that by 13 feb and agree its likely that each CO will have a massive pile and that stage of the process could now take longer than before if so.

My question really meant what happens to new applications once they have caught up? Do they jump to front of queue ahead of lower priorities?

Last edited by Safin; Jan 29th 2009 at 12:51 am. Reason: Oh just noticed this was my 1000th post! Wow
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

aliza is an unknown quantity at this point

did u lodge a family sponcered visa? or is it state sponsered?
I have lodged family sponsored visa . i can wait till Nov 2009 so i hope i get my immigration before that.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

amdee is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there,

With the end of Jan 09 almost achieved, 13th feb is now not much far....that should end the wait for many of us...to clear the picture...but as it seems for now....did not hear about any 175 applicant getting a CO.... on the other hand...there is some movement for sponsered and nominated visa categories....it appears that 175 would be falling in the slot thats after 13th feb.......

its strange with every new change introduced things become more difficult instead of becoming easy...when e-lodging was introduced in sep 07....we had thought that the processing shall see some revolution.....therefore when i e-lodged my application in feb 2008.....hopes were quite high.......and now no distinction appears....between paper lodged and e-lodged with the current priority change......
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Safin
I did mean 'almost instant' compared to the 6-10 month wait currently experienced. If they do meet their projection of 13 feb than anything put in now wouldn't be too far behind that surely???

My question really meant what happens to new applications once they have caught up? Do they jump to front of queue ahead of lower priorities?
Well it might be possible that all the State/Territory Sponsored applicants might be allocated CO by 13 Feb.... Projections show that only 7% of visa's will be allocated in this program year. (see attached)

So in theory the projected visa allocation for the current program is

Independent skilled 56%
Employer Sponsored 21%
State/Territory Sponsored 7%
Family Sponsored 10.7%
Business 5%

Even with the new changes there might be a spike in the number of applicants seeking state sponsorship, but the actual number of approvals processed and granted by the states is a different matter.

As for the new applications lodged this year there will probably still be a small percentage of over all applications will get priority.
Attached Thumbnails Former Current Processing Times (continued)-stats.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Well it might be possible that all the State/Territory Sponsored applicants might be allocated CO by 13 Feb.... Projections show that only 7% of visa's will be allocated in this program year. (see attached)

So in theory the projected visa allocation for the current program is

Independent skilled 56%
Employer Sponsored 21%
State/Territory Sponsored 7%
Family Sponsored 10.7%
Business 5%

Even with the new changes there might be a spike in the number of applicants seeking state sponsorship, but the actual number of approvals processed and granted by the states is a different matter.

As for the new applications lodged this year there will probably still be a small percentage of over all applications will get priority.
EXACTLY!!
you can get a feel by doing a simple calculation
just multiply 365 days in one year by 7% you will get 25.55 days which is close to the period set by DIAC if you put in mind that the changes started from 1st of january 2009 and they might also added a week or two for the new year holdays.

Last edited by mavios; Jan 29th 2009 at 11:21 am.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:15 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Do you guys reckon they'll process ALL of the submitted 176 & 475 applicants to date, before moving on to CSL? Even the applicants who applied quite recently say Nov, Dec or even Jan 2009?

I don't think so - I think it would make more sense if the 13th Feb deadline just means that DIAC will appoint a case officers for the set number of 176 & 475 visas that were originally planned for the 2008-2009 year ? That is the only way they can be sure of completing the task before Feb 13 because they couldn't possibly be sure of the work load if the intent is to allocate CO's to ALL applicants with eligible state sponsership?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
Do you guys reckon they'll process ALL of the submitted 176 & 475 applicants to date, before moving on to CSL? Even the applicants who applied quite recently say Nov, Dec or even Jan 2009?

I don't think so - I think it would make more sense if the 13th Feb deadline just means that DIAC will appoint a case officers for the set number of 176 & 475 visas that were originally planned for the 2008-2009 year ? That is the only way they can be sure of completing the task before Feb 13 because they couldn't possibly be sure of the work load if the intent is to allocate CO's to ALL applicants with eligible state sponsership?
you should remember that the number of newly state sponsered visas is very limitted (which would by about 1.5/12 * 7% = 0.875%) and is controlled by the states. so it wouldn`t be a problem even if they continue to allocate a CO for each newly state sponsered application it would still be possible.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

you should remember that the number of newly state sponsered visas is very limitted (which would by about 1.5/12 * 7% = 0.875%) and is controlled by the states. so it wouldn`t be a problem even if they continue to allocate a CO for each newly state sponsered application it would still be possible.
Hi Mavios,
Do u know for how many HR country applicants DIAC has issued 176 VISA after 1st Jan 2009? Are they really concerned about covering all the 176 HR appliacnts prior to 13th February?
Regards
Sanjay
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Hi Mavios,
Do u know for how many HR country applicants DIAC has issued 176 VISA after 1st Jan 2009? Are they really concerned about covering all the 176 HR appliacnts prior to 13th February?
Regards
Sanjay
Hi Sanjay
I don't have a clue, but there is nothing indicating that the new changes target only LR countries. Anyway even if an HR applicant allocated a CO the same time an LR applicant allocated one, the LR applicant will still be processed faster due to security checks.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

helsch is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there is a limit on the number of sponsorships the states provide. vic and NSW sponsor something like 7-800 people a year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.