Reload this Page >

Canada lifestyle

Canada lifestyle

Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

ukflyaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada lifestyle

Hi
My wife and I have been travelling the world for the last 30 or so years, in that time we've owned/built homes in NZ,New Mexico USA and Canada.
We currently own a home on Vancouver Island .
Anyone interested in changing their base should not worry too much, in our experience it's pretty straightforward as long as you do plenty of research first(NOT AFTER).
The life style in Canada is on the whole more open than the UK and Europe in our opinion, the wide open spaces tend to let you spread your wings a little more.
Buying property is simple ,some areas have caught the property boom syndrome especially the coastal, mountain and lake areas.
The weather has something to suit most everyone.
The cost of living is quite high in some areas though still much less expensive than Europe(Inc the UK)

Our next adventure will be in Argentina and we are selling our Canada property
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:34 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canada lifestyle

Ten years younger, we might do the same thing.

I refused to have responsibilities for LA added to my job, in those days it was scary, Shining Path etc, regret now, BA looks amazing, Pategonia is a WOW.

Good Luck, I am jealous.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ukflyaway, quite an interesting journey you have had around the World. Noticed you are currently on Vancouver Island. We live in the Cowichan Valley and love living here. Good luck with your Argentina adventure.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'd agree . An interesting and brave lifestyle. Something I would have been happy to do had my partner been willing, as we have no kids.

Do you have one of those blog things where I can read a bit more about your journey? If not, can you start one here please and say a bit about how you came to do this and how you have survived over the years. I am most interested. It has caught my attention.

How have you funded this. I take it you do home schooling for the kids/grandkids .