House on the market

Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House on the market

Originally Posted by redlion
We have made the decison to put the house on the market today even though we do not have our visa's - how scarey. You really are stuck between a rock and hard place. We made the decison after deciding that the market is still quite healthy now and we would be so upset if it took a nose dive - we are like most people we need the money from the house to start our new life. But there so many other if's whats and buts.. What if we get a quick sale and they want us out by christmas, we have plenty of people we can stay with - but putting our furniture in storage, waiting for the visa will be so hard, and cost us £35 per week. If we don't put the house on the market for a few more months it will be christmas time and then if we don't get a buyer for ages, we might have to take a trip to validate and then come back and wait for a sale... god who said this emigrating was easy..

Well folks heres to that perfect person, the cash buyer, no chain, who wants a quick sale, but does not mind if we rent the property until its time to for us to go to Aus.... do they exist??

Good luck with the sale Our house has been on the market for a couple of weeks and we only applied for our visas in July. We have not had any viewers yet and we reckon that by the time we get an offer, exchange and complete it will take us to January anyway, the time we hope to have our visas by.

We asked our estate agents, who also do lets about a short term rental and they said that most are min 6 months, but there are a few who would be willing to rent on a month to month basis, so they said they could sort us out with a rental no problem if we need it, and we can take our bits with us, thus saving on storage

Everything will fall into place, but I can understand your worry as we are in the same boat, but since talking with agents re rental I feel much more relaxed.

All the best to you

Last edited by conat; Oct 16th 2006 at 7:31 pm. Reason: to say
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:04 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

just because other houses are selling in three or four months, doesn't mean yours will.
we put ours on the market in Jan, sold in two weeks, fell though two weeks later. sold again mid april, fell through 10 days later. sold again middle may, fell through 4 months + later. agreed a deal AGAIN today, and that's on a house that everyone said would sell quickly. well i suppose it did, but selling/agreeing a deal means absolutely nothing until you've exchanged and even then if you're really unlucky it can still go wrong.
so just be warned that getting a visa is the easy bit, selling a house with the current system in this country is some thing else. not that i'm bitter and twisted about it all
still just a shame that you can't sue the bastards that do this to you, would make them think twice about putting in an offer.
any way we've probably had enough bad luck for everyone on here for the next ten years, so good luck to everyone selling a house.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sparks124
just because other houses are selling in three or four months, doesn't mean yours will.
we put ours on the market in Jan, sold in two weeks, fell though two weeks later. sold again mid april, fell through 10 days later. sold again middle may, fell through 4 months + later. agreed a deal AGAIN today, and that's on a house that everyone said would sell quickly. well i suppose it did, but selling/agreeing a deal means absolutely nothing until you've exchanged and even then if you're really unlucky it can still go wrong.
so just be warned that getting a visa is the easy bit, selling a house with the current system in this country is some thing else. not that i'm bitter and twisted about it all
still just a shame that you can't sue the bastards that do this to you, would make them think twice about putting in an offer.
any way we've probably had enough bad luck for everyone on here for the next ten years, so good luck to everyone selling a house.

God, what a nightmare, hope your new offer comes through for you.

This should not be allowed to happen. We are from Scotland and the house selling laws are different, although more and more houses are being sold for the offers over option, rather than the easier option of fixed price, (which is what we have done.

Good luck
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:04 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

God I feel for you I don't think I could cope with all you have been through - good luck with your new offer and I hope it all goes through well.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

If anyone is interested in having a nosey at it, heres the link, you may need to copy and paste though.

Nev

http://www.remax-properties.co.uk/de...ch=-1&assoc=-1

Just read the thread and your house is gorgeous, best of luck with selling, am sure it wont be long
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

its an absoloute nightmare selling houses.

ive had my visa since june 05, but in the april i had a water leak in the bathroom that had been going for months...end up having whole new kitchen put it and bathroom so didnt actually go on the market till this may.

No takers with first EA but did have couple call over inbetween EAs and they wanted it, they are now buying it and wanted to be in by this oct 28th , but they got no chance, im having my party on the 27th..lol so unless they want me packed up witht the furniture they will have to hang on a couple of days.

In hindsight I would have sold before i got the visa but im annal retentive when it comes to sharing bathrooms etc even with family so not looking forward to moving in with my son and his partner. I dont fly till end of December.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

That is awful, it's high time this blasted government did something about it. They're keen enough to get stamp duty off you if you're a buyer which is why they keep the threshold at a low enough level for almost everyone to have to pay it. But they're not bothered about changing the laws on the housing market where you have to live in a chain and anyone can pull out at any time! Our house has been on the market since January and we haven't even had one offer, and even if we did I don't think we'd take it seriously until contracts were exchanged. We're certainly not going to book any flights until we've completed, that's for sure.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:43 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Well folks heres to that perfect person, the cash buyer, no chain, who wants a quick sale, but does not mind if we rent the property until its time to for us to go to Aus.... do they exist??
yes mate they do.... never thought I would be saying that

good luck
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:57 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, only put the house on the market yesterday and we have got our first viewing on saturday :scared:

Oh well, fingers crossed then

Nev & Theresa
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:32 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, only put the house on the market yesterday and we have got our first viewing on saturday :scared:

Nev & Theresa
Don't be :scared: be

Graham
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:11 am

Nev & Theresa
Just had a look at your property I'm not surprised you've got a viewer straight away, its really cheap!! would imagine it'd be snapped up
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:46 pm
redlion

Originally Posted by possoms
Just had a look at your property I'm not surprised you've got a viewer straight away, its really cheap!! would imagine it'd be snapped up

Now even more scared, the agents called to say some one wants to come today. The house is not really cheap, just house prices in Lincoln are very low. A neighbours house sold for £155000 last month so we really in line with them, if we make it any more expensive it will be in competition with the detached houses.

The people that are coming to look round have already sold their house and are looking to move quickly.. :scared: I have never done a house viewing before, with the last house I left it to Nev, but he is at work tonight.

Theresa
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:55 pm

Now even more scared, the agents called to say some one wants to come today. The house is not really cheap, just house prices in Lincoln are very low. A neighbours house sold for £155000 last month so we really in line with them, if we make it any more expensive it will be in competition with the detached houses.

The people that are coming to look round have already sold their house and are looking to move quickly.. :scared: I have never done a house viewing before, with the last house I left it to Nev, but he is at work tonight.

Theresa
these house prices are riddiculous (sp) honestly you couldnt get anything like your house round here for that price and you've got it lookin really nice inside, loving the bath. and Lincoln is a lovely area isnt it? I used to go to Lincoln often when I was young my cousin was at college there.

ok dont panic, our agent told us to get them in and out asap then they will want to come back for a second look (easier said than done!), be really postitive about the house and how much you've loved living there

GOOD LUCK
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:08 pm
redlion

Originally Posted by possoms
these house prices are riddiculous (sp) honestly you couldnt get anything like your house round here for that price and you've got it lookin really nice inside, loving the bath. and Lincoln is a lovely area isnt it? I used to go to Lincoln often when I was young my cousin was at college there.

ok dont panic, our agent told us to get them in and out asap then they will want to come back for a second look (easier said than done!), be really postitive about the house and how much you've loved living there

GOOD LUCK

they have been and gone,I think they liked it, well the Mrs did any way.. the Man was a bit more reserved. Another viewing on saturday. I did the positive thing and said we really did not want to leave the house. Did not tell them we plan to emigrate, said we were moving back to the MIL's in Liverpool as she was getting on a bit so had no chain.

Heres hoping they liked it enough to dig deep
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to hear the viewing went ok. We had another one today but like the rest of them we won't be holding our breath. Have accepted an offer already but they have a house to sell as well so heres to another long wait.
We've had visas since June which is when we put house on the market and EA told us it would go really fast as its in an ideal location.
Yeah, whatever................
Fingers crossed for you anyway and I hope you have a quick sale.
Lynne x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.