Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New and thought I'd introduce myself

New and thought I'd introduce myself

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

susannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant future
Smile New and thought I'd introduce myself

Hello,

I'm Susi. I'm 23 and hopeing to move to the States end of next year with my 2 year old son. I am hopeing to go and teach there.

I ma sure I will think of a list of questions to help us on outr way and anything I can answer I certaily will.

Look forward to getting to know you all and moving to our new homes

Susi
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:00 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New and thought I'd introduce myself

Originally Posted by susannah
Hello,

I'm Susi. I'm 23 and hopeing to move to the States end of next year with my 2 year old son. I am hopeing to go and teach there.

I ma sure I will think of a list of questions to help us on outr way and anything I can answer I certaily will.

Susi
Hi Susi Welcome to the board.

What do you teach? Do you know yet that you will definitely be able to get a visa to come over to the US? Which area are you looking at?

Hope it all goes smoothly for you, anyway!

Edit: I see that 3 days ago you were trying to choose between Oz and NZ. Why the sudden change of plan?

You are actually a qualified teacher I presume?!

Last edited by Wintersong; Jul 23rd 2005 at 8:05 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:06 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Hi Susi Welcome to the board.

What do you teach? Do you know yet that you will definitely be able to get a visa to come over to the US? Which area are you looking at?

Hope it all goes smoothly for you, anyway!

Hopefully not English, all the trouble Rince went through to put a spell checker on too.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

susannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant futuresusannah has a brilliant future

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have only just really started to look into moving properly (I have been on the fence so to speak for a couple of years now). I want to teach age group 6 - 10.

I am looking into the Carolina's and Atlants, that sort of region.

I am going to be taking quite a few animals with me (not all at once as it would cost a fortune).

I would love to know if anyone has taken horses before, I have 3 and it will break my heart to leave them for too long?

Susi
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:07 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have only just really started to look into moving properly (I have been on the fence so to speak for a couple of years now). I want to teach age group 6 - 10.

I am looking into the Carolina's and Atlants, that sort of region.

I am going to be taking quite a few animals with me (not all at once as it would cost a fortune).

I would love to know if anyone has taken horses before, I have 3 and it will break my heart to leave them for too long?

Susi
Are you qualified in the UK as a primary school teacher?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

Susi
Welcome!

Like most of the people on this forum I've been through the whole thing, and everyone was very helpful, so I'm sure you'll get an answer to your questions...

You might find the humour a bit barbed around here -- hope you don't take offence too easily!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big Vern
Welcome!

Like most of the people on this forum I've been through the whole thing, and everyone was very helpful, so I'm sure you'll get an answer to your questions...

You might find the humour a bit barbed around here -- hope you don't take offence too easily!
I don't offend easily so don't worry, i'm likly to join in

Not sure what I will teach yet. I am doing a child psychology degree to get me started, then I will do the 'shorter' course to get qualified to teach.

Susi
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Visa???
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Visa???
No thanks, I prefer Mastercard.

Hello Susannah and welcome. Even if you don't move, its still an entertaining forum, at times.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
No thanks, I prefer Mastercard.
So yesterday!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:13 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

I don't offend easily so don't worry, i'm likly to join in

Not sure what I will teach yet. I am doing a child psychology degree to get me started, then I will do the 'shorter' course to get qualified to teach.

Susi
If you're currently doing a child psychology degree and you're not yet a qualified teacher, I would say that the only way you're going to be in the States by the end of next year is to get engaged to a USC. Now.

Why not step back a bit and think about what you really want. You don't seem to know whether it's Australia, New Zealand or the US. Even if you do get a visa, moving on a whim is a sure fire way of making yourself miserable as sin.

Do some research first.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

So yesterday!
I'm a yesterday kinda gal, so there.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:16 pm
Franklin

Hello,

Susi
Hmmmm, it is not easy to move to the USA without qualifications, where are you planning on doing a teacher training course? Wouldn't it be a LOT cheaper to get onto a course back in Britain? The USA courses/tuition costs can be VERY expensive. Have you really thought things through? Do you have family in the USA? If you haven't it is going to be VERY hard to survive here, unless you have loads of dosh to live on. Just trying to lay it out (softly actually), it is not "Dallas" or "Disney World" here. The job market is still very tight for many folks, absent very good qualifications and/or experience it might be very hard for you. But good luck.

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Susi
Posted yesterday in the Australia Lifestyle & Culture forum:
Hi I'm new to this forum. I am trying to decide between New Zealand and Oz to move perm with my 2 year old son.

I am studying to teach. I really just wanted to know why you all decided on Oz?

Susi
Have you made up your mind about where you want to move to?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa???
deja vu .... Im going back in the pool until the current spate of hopefuls has passed.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.