Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Lindseywalker87's off topic posts moved into a new thread

Lindseywalker87's off topic posts moved into a new thread

Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Lindseywalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lindseywalker87's off topic posts moved into a new thread

Hi all my husband works for bmw here in the uk as a vehicle technician we have always dreamed of living in florida and were there on honeymoon recently. We went to a bmw whilst we were there and were given a potential job offer but we arent sure what to do now...

Any advice?

Thanks
Lindsey
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offered by US employer in UK ... in the US.

Same as you were given before, nothing has changed.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:03 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The company must petition him for a visa (unless he is a US Citizen, in which case he is free to move to the US), did they mention visas? If not, they probably don't even know the process, and if the whole idea is possible (which, in all honesty, it probably isn't)

EDIT - I see you asked a similar question back in January. The same applies.

Last edited by civilservant; Nov 14th 2013 at 3:05 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

We never got that far they contacted there training provider to see how his credentials would translate from here to there and we have been chatting by email but they have basically said get immigration sorted and job is yours
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:18 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindseywalker87
We never got that far they contacted there training provider to see how his credentials would translate from here to there and we have been chatting by email but they have basically said get immigration sorted and job is yours
That's the problem, if they want him it's down to them to begin the process by petitioning for him. You can do nothing in this regard.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

I know i asked same question back in january but there was no job offer then it was just merely a dream......

So basically our life is in the hands of wether the employer wants to sponsor my husband or not.....sorry i just dont understand all this immigration jargon i need it put to me in plain english
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:22 pm
Often not so civil...

So basically our life is in the hands of wether the employer wants to sponsor my husband or not.
Correct.

sorry i just dont understand all this immigration jargon i need it put to me in plain english
See above.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So basically our life is in the hands of wether the employer wants to sponsor my husband or not.....sorry i just dont understand all this immigration jargon i need it put to me in plain english
Your husband can do nothing, the employer has to petition for a visa for him, at considerable expense to them.

I don't see any way that a vehicle service technician would be eligible for any visa tbh (did you see any in the Pulaskis Ways Wiki article that he may qualify for?), but if he is eligible then it's up to the employer to hire an immigration lawyer and get things started.

HTH.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no jargon, if the Employer wants him in the US then it is the Employer and their lawyer who do all the paperwork.

A job offer without a visa is worthless.

Having said that there is no obvious visa for the Employer/ Lawyer to apply for.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so what the employer is telling you is that they will not sponsor him for a visa. If he happens to somehow already be living in the USA and has permission to work, THEN they'll hire him.

Rene
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
.... A job offer without a visa is worthless. ....
Worse than that, a job offer on its own does nothing to facilitate obtaining a visa.

To put into plain English as LW87 requested, the employer would have to argue, and prove, that they could not hire a suitably qualified and experienced US citizen or permanent resident. There's the problem: the US is not short of car mechanics.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 14th 2013 at 4:33 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all my husband works for bmw here in the uk as a vehicle technician we have always dreamed of living in florida and were there on honeymoon recently. We went to a bmw whilst we were there and were given a potential job offer but we arent sure what to do now...

Any advice?

Thanks
Lindsey
with all due respect, please start your own thread as I am being notified of replies when they are not related to my original post.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
with all due respect, please start your own thread as I am being notified of replies when they are not related to my original post.
With equal due respect, you don't get to dictate who posts or responds in a thread... although I agree that starting a new thread would have been appropriate.

Ian
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks every1 and apologies for jumping into your thread!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 7:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lindseywalker87's off topic posts moved into a new thread

Any advice?

Thanks
Lindsey
Rather than hijacking s thread...I have moved your posts and subsequent replies into a new thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.