475 Visa - Query regarding state change

Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:02 am
Just Joined

kapilkhera2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 475 Visa - Query regarding state change

I have Visa class Skilled (Provisional) (class VF) subclass 475 (Skilled - Regional Sponsored). Sponsoring state is South Australia.
I am not able to find a job in Adelaide and willing to move to Victoria Regional - Geelong.

Is it possible for me to Change State?

Also, After Changing State , living & working for 2 years in Victoria Regional, I would apply for Permanent residency visa class: Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).

Does states change have any impact on my permanent residency visa application.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:45 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 475 Visa - Query regarding state change

Originally Posted by kapilkhera2005
I have Visa class Skilled (Provisional) (class VF) subclass 475 (Skilled - Regional Sponsored). Sponsoring state is South Australia.
I am not able to find a job in Adelaide and willing to move to Victoria Regional - Geelong.

Is it possible for me to Change State?

Also, After Changing State , living & working for 2 years in Victoria Regional, I would apply for Permanent residency visa class: Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).

Does states change have any impact on my permanent residency visa application.

Hi kapilkhera2005,

Checking the immi website, the obligations of this visa are clear

If you are nominated by a state or territory government, you need to agree to:
•remain in the state or territory for a period of at least two years
•keep the state or territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival
•be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required.
with subsequent consequences

If you do not comply with the conditions of your visa:
•your visa, and the visas of any accompanying secondary applicants, may be cancelled
•you will not be in a position to apply for another Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa
•you will not be in a position to apply for permanent residence.
all explained here

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi Old Sparkles,

Thanks for your response.

Click link:

After that Click "Specified Regional Areas" Link

or http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...d-regional.htm

The information on the page says:

State or territory nomination

If you wish to move to another regional area to live and work, you must notify both your current and new state or territory government of this change.

Also, I have seen a thread on http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731783

As per my understanding from the experience shared by "dance123",

475 visa holders can move to another state.

Please have a look and share your thoughts.

Regards,
Kapil
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:40 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Old Sparkles,

Click link:

If you wish to move to another regional area to live and work, you must notify both your current and new state or territory government of this change.

Also, I have seen a thread on http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731783

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Kapil
I think your best bet is to do as Dance123 did and speak to SA govt about the trouble you are having finding work, and your wish to change regional area. How long have you been in Adelaide?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Old Sparkles,

Click link:

Please have a look and share your thoughts.

Regards,
Kapil
Why are you asking then if you already have the answer?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 11:32 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

So you can't find a single job in the whole of Adelaide? Nothing at all?

What makes you think Geelong will be any better?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Old Sparkles: From last 2 months I'm in adelaide

Bermudashorts : I am confirming my understanding regarding state change.

goldchoccycoin: I got couple of interview opportunities from Ballarat and Geelong.

So, Rather than leaving the country , it is better to move to other state regional areas in a legal manner and grab available opportunities.

If anyone else experienced state change then please share thoughts.

Regards,
Kapil
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 5:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sparkles: From last 2 months I'm in adelaide

Bermudashorts : I am confirming my understanding regarding state change.

goldchoccycoin: I got couple of interview opportunities from Ballarat and Geelong.

So, Rather than leaving the country , it is better to move to other state regional areas in a legal manner and grab available opportunities.

If anyone else experienced state change then please share thoughts.

Regards,
Kapil
You already have the answer in your post above. Thats what you should do if you wish to change States.

A lot of people just move, which is against the spirit of the visa, so forget looking for other experiences and do the right thing. And have a read of this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788691 and this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787866

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 3rd 2013 at 5:54 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 11:09 am
Just Joined

After Changing State from Adelaide to Victoria Regional , living & working for 2 years in Victoria Regional, I would apply for Permanent residency visa class: Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).

Does states change have any impact on my permanent residency visa application ?

Regards,
Kapil
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 6:49 am
Just Joined

sab0912 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kapil
I am having a similar query wanted to change state from SA holding visa 475 .

what is your current status . Have you been able to change the state without breaching teh visa conditions .
pls do let me know urgently
rgds
sarab
Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

ksdinokar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sab0912
Hi Kapil
I am having a similar query wanted to change state from SA holding visa 475 .

what is your current status . Have you been able to change the state without breaching teh visa conditions .
pls do let me know urgently
rgds
sarab
Under 475 visa can do any job,should be covered 35 hrs per week,it can be 2 jobs .One my friend got SA 475 visa and has worked to Indham Company ( Ckicken Factory )for 01 yr to comply for the visa requirement and left it from one yr .She is a Accountant .She got PR and moved to Victoria recently.Try on with Odd jobs even.Victoria also its very difficult to find a job.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 11:07 am
Just Joined

sab0912 is an unknown quantity at this point

But does this state change can have any anticipated impact on the PR 887 later