Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

BULLET POINT QUESTIONS FOR FCO- Comments/ and Correspondence from BHC

BULLET POINT QUESTIONS FOR FCO- Comments/ and Correspondence from BHC

Old Jun 9th 2012, 7:59 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BULLET POINT QUESTIONS FOR FCO- Comments/ and Correspondence from BHC

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Maybe the time has come to direct all our e mails to William Vague and David Cameron then !!

Dread - x
Or her Maj!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: BULLET POINT QUESTIONS FOR FCO- Comments/ and Correspondence from BHC

I'm minded to send an email to BHC in the next few days to ask for an update on their discussions re the property issue. If I don't get a reply within say a month, I'll raise it with my MP again. (as I did a couple of years ago).
I do think we need to raise the ante now if we are to get a meeting with BHC early in the New Year and apply some pressure to get this matter resolved.
What do others think?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 5:14 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D4ve M
I'm minded to send an email to BHC in the next few days to ask for an update on their discussions re the property issue. If I don't get a reply within say a month, I'll raise it with my MP again. (as I did a couple of years ago).
I do think we need to raise the ante now if we are to get a meeting with BHC early in the New Year and apply some pressure to get this matter resolved.
What do others think?
Totally agree with you Dave, hope you have better luck than Andy and I have had!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future

I do not think that they have an understanding of our problems. BHC they all live in a sheltered world.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Dave, you're wasting your time.
Don't you know, the Brit government isn't here for the likes of us commoners. They represent the establishment. People like Mucky Mark.
It's a wee holiday for these people.
Wind your neck in and go and have a drink !!!

Davie.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 1:02 pm

[QUOTE=davidhendry;10176541]Dave, you're wasting your time.
Don't you know, the Brit government isn't here for the likes of us commoners. They represent the establishment. People like Mucky Mark.

Have emailed Simon again today - will advise if I receive a reply.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:11 pm

[QUOTE=noni;10177324]
Originally Posted by davidhendry
Dave, you're wasting your time.

Have emailed Simon again today - will advise if I receive a reply.
Sorry folks, no reply not even an "out of office notice" looks like we are on our own!
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:00 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Time for us all to start sending e mails to William Vague then, or David Cameroon - maybe if they receive enough of them they might put rockets up the arses of the Commissioner and Deputy commissioner in Delhi !!

Dread - x
Old Jul 21st 2012, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Time for us all to start sending e mails to William Vague then, or David Cameroon - maybe if they receive enough of them they might put rockets up the arses of the Commissioner and Deputy commissioner in Delhi !!

Dread - x
I agree in principle - but in practice you have to go through your own MP.
Let's DO IT!

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 21st 2012, 9:54 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I agree in principle - but in practice you have to go through your own MP.
Let's DO IT!

AndyD 8-)
Or you can print off a hard copy of the e mail and send it via Royal Mail to Cameroon or Vague -

Dread - x
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by D4ve M
This is the link to the proforma Simon mentioned in his statement above. He suggests we fill it in irrespective of whether we have done one before.

I'm certainly going to give this a go. It's an opportunity to find out whether the new Goa government is serious about resolving this issue.

http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk/resource...heet-Goa090610

Hope the link works. I can't tell until I post it.
I emailed Simon to ask about people who have already submitted pro-forma but just got an out-of-office response - I assume D4ve M did better.
This really is a bit shabby, first off they didn't acknowledge receipt of these things and now, after being incommunicado for months they ask us to do it all again - on second thoughts this isn't a bit shabby; it's a lot shabby!

AndyD 8-(
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I emailed Simon to ask about people who have already submitted pro-forma but just got an out-of-office response - I assume D4ve M did better.
This really is a bit shabby, first off they didn't acknowledge receipt of these things and now, after being incommunicado for months they ask us to do it all again - on second thoughts this isn't a bit shabby; it's a lot shabby!

AndyD 8-(
Andy...I think BHC are open to criticism for not communicating for such a long period.

But its not surprising that they were unable to make progress during the last six or nine months of the last government and the early months of this one.

So some time has elapsed now since we filled in the initial proformas - who knows what changes to people's personal circumstances have happened since then.

Filling one in again is a small price to pay if progress can be made. I'm just grateful BHC has managed to start discussions again. Ok its still a long shot that this will get sorted but its probably the best chance we've got
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Horse Doctor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi D4ve M
sorry I can not seem to download the pro forma from the link provided can it be obtained from an alternative source, or just as a thought can the BHC provide a copy of the pro forma at the next meeting.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Horse Doctor
Hi D4ve M
sorry I can not seem to download the pro forma from the link provided can it be obtained from an alternative source, or just as a thought can the BHC provide a copy of the pro forma at the next meeting.
Works for me as well HD. Note Andy's comments about what software is needed.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

I also note that it still says that names will be removed before it is passed to the Goa govt. - I wonder if this is still the case as they seem to be promising that individual cases will be considered and actioned?

AndyD 8-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.