Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Crap Weather in Vancouver

Crap Weather in Vancouver

Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:47 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crap Weather in Vancouver

I'm not complaining but its been just horrible twatty weather for the last week or so. We had a brief glimmer of sunlight on Monday afternoon just to mess with your head and now back to the blanket of grey wet misery. And, its not a warm rain, it bloody freezing, near 7 or 5c which is near freezing. So much for bloody global warming, can't come soon enough if you ask me. It might get better by Saturday but I'm not holding my breath.

You have to have a bit of a laugh about people who ride motorbikes or scooters, so much for the freedom of the road. Wankers.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:08 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crap Weather in Vancouver

Originally Posted by Oink
I'm not complaining but its been just horrible twatty weather for the last week or so. We had a brief glimmer of sunlight on Monday afternoon just to mess with your head and now back to the blanket of grey wet misery. And, its not a warm rain, it bloody freezing, near 7 or 5c which is near freezing. So much for bloody global warming, can't come soon enough if you ask me. It might get better by Saturday but I'm not holding my breath.

You have to have a bit of a laugh about people who ride motorbikes or scooters, so much for the freedom of the road. Wankers.
Yeah - it's been shit. Trying to think of something incisive to add, but really "it's been shit" covers all the bases.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:34 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

not so different in Alberta either, our big ol blue skies have been more big ol chewing gum grey skies for the same amount of time.

Puts you in a crappy mood
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:54 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I had a bit of snow up at my place this morning, I'll take the snow over the rain any day of the week.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:55 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
not so different in Alberta either, our big ol blue skies have been more big ol chewing gum grey skies for the same amount of time.

Puts you in a crappy mood
Chances are you'll be feeling beter by Saturday.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html

On the other hand those poor folks in Vancouver have a while to wait for the sun to return.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

On the island as well. Its really chilly and we had a terrible wind/rain storm last nite; lots of flooding in low lying areas and high tide makes it difficult to take the dog for a walk.....
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:03 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
On the island as well. Its really chilly and we had a terrible wind/rain storm last nite; lots of flooding in low lying areas and high tide makes it difficult to take the dog for a walk.....
I wanted to go fishing this afternoon but the rain and fog has made that a crap proposition. No point using the fuel just to get cold and soaked.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:09 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to go fishing this afternoon but the rain and fog has made that a crap proposition. No point using the fuel just to get cold and soaked.
I agree, don't mind the cold when fishing but rain no matter how light just pisses you off.

In fact rainy fishing just translates into "being in a lone boat, chugging around a lake, getting drenched, with a stick in your hand, knowing full well nothings gonna bite".

For me the best time is a late afternoon, not too much sun and a mill pond
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:22 am

I

For me the best time is a late afternoon, not too much sun and a mill pond
Best time is late afternoon, not too much sun, flat calm and a bottle rye whiskey.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:29 am
Sawdust making harpy

Best time is late afternoon, not too much sun, flat calm and a bottle rye whiskey.
Excellent when are we going
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:01 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it has been bad last couple of weeks or - hard to believe how much it has changed in the space of a month. We are entering what is typically the worse couple of months for Vancouver. Happen its time for a quick trip to vegas or something.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:04 pm

Excellent when are we going
When it stops bloody raining of course.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:06 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

It is like this every year. Sometime in the middle of October it starts persisting down and you get four days rain, two or three days dry, until Christmas.

It fills up the reservoirs and puts snow on the mountains. Its the price we have to pay.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by dboy
Yes it has been bad last couple of weeks or - hard to believe how much it has changed in the space of a month. We are entering what is typically the worse couple of months for Vancouver. Happen its time for a quick trip to vegas or something.
I like your style but I'd rather take the boards down to Playa Jaco in Costa Rica.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:11 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It is like this every year. Sometime in the middle of October it starts persisting down and you get four days rain, two or three days dry, until Christmas.

It fills up the reservoirs and puts snow on the mountains. Its the price we have to pay.
Yep - I always hope that things will be different - I should know better after 17 years. At least its an improvement over Manchester where it rains endlessly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.