Libmbo

Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:11 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Limbo

Ok, so we exchange on Monday 3rd, cat goes on the 5th, Movers arrive on the 6th, completion is the 10th, flying on the 12th.

I know I should be running round like a headless chicken at this minute, but I'm not. I'm in a weird limbo where it doesn't make any difference to anything... the house is still a mess, most of the furniture is gone so piles of clothing are everywhere ... no matter what I do, nothing's tidy or organised, so what's the point, exactly ...

When will I break out of this lethargic non state? Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by iPom; Mar 30th 2006 at 6:26 am.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Libmbo

Originally Posted by iPom
Ok, so we exchange on Monday 3rd, cat goes on the 5th, Movers arrive on the 6th, completion is the 10th, flying on the 12th.

I know I should be running round like a headless chicken at this minute, but I'm not. I'm in a weird limbo where it doesn't make any difference to anything... the house is still a mess, most of the furniture is gone so piles of clothing are everywhere ... no matter what I do, nothing's tidy or organised, so what's the point, exactly ...

When will I break out of this lethargic non state? Has this happened to anyone else?
I feel like that every day, of course I have no idea when we can go so just presumed that's what it was.

Maybe it's a bad time of year for us thyroid deficent peeps
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:14 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Yippy , soon be on that plane and enjoying your new life you lucky Bugger.
SOOO jealous.
All the best hope it all goes well.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:25 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Limbo

Originally Posted by WendyC
I feel like that every day, of course I have no idea when we can go so just presumed that's what it was.

Maybe it's a bad time of year for us thyroid deficent peeps
I upped my thyroxine but it's made no difference to the limbo feeling...

I'm glad it's not just me!

Last edited by iPom; Mar 30th 2006 at 6:26 am. Reason: Limbo is spelled with one 'b'
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I upped my thyroxine but it's made no difference to the limbo feeling...

I'm glad it's not just me!
I've just had mine increased to 200 mcg I feel so tired ALL the time
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:28 am
Account Closed

I've just had mine increased to 200 mcg I feel so tired ALL the time

Yowch! Are you taking selenium?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yowch! Are you taking selenium?

I can't be cos I don't know what it is. I'm on levothyroxine
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:37 am
Account Closed

I can't be cos I don't know what it is. I'm on levothyroxine

Oh Wendy! Right my dear, 101 in thyroid coming up.

Selenium is a mineral which used to be in all our crops but due to intensive farming, it's not any more. Waitrose Canadian bread flour has it in though, as of course, Waitrose are into all that health stuff!
You need selenium to help convert energy in your cells... and if you don't have it, your thyroxine won't work as well. You should be taking around 50mcg per day. If that doesn't help with your energy, you need to increase it to 100mcg per day and see how you go with that.

Also, as your adrenals are usually out of whack with thyroid probs, you need to be taking Magnesium (usually with calcium and boron to help absorb), high dose vitamin C and Vitamin B complex with more Vitamin B5 in it.
That will help your exhausted adrenals.

Now, I take it you take your thyroxine on an empty stomach and don't eat for at least an hour after? If you're not leaving it an hour, you're going to spoil absorbability.
Also, no caffeine as it suppresses thyroid function.

Also, do not take calcium or any other vitamin with your thyroxine - you need about 4+ hours difference.

Any of that help?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh Wendy! Right my dear, 101 in thyroid coming up.

Selenium is a mineral which used to be in all our crops but due to intensive farming, it's not any more. Waitrose Canadian bread flour has it in though, as of course, Waitrose are into all that health stuff!
You need selenium to help convert energy in your cells... and if you don't have it, your thyroxine won't work as well. You should be taking around 50mcg per day. If that doesn't help with your energy, you need to increase it to 100mcg per day and see how you go with that.

Also, as your adrenals are usually out of whack with thyroid probs, you need to be taking Magnesium (usually with calcium and boron to help absorb), high dose vitamin C and Vitamin B complex with more Vitamin B5 in it.
That will help your exhausted adrenals.

Now, I take it you take your thyroxine on an empty stomach and don't eat for at least an hour after? If you're not leaving it an hour, you're going to spoil absorbability.
Also, no caffeine as it suppresses thyroid function.

Also, do not take calcium or any other vitamin with your thyroxine - you need about 4+ hours difference.

Any of that help?

I will try it and let you know if it gets any better.

I take my tablets first thing in a morning, but by dinner time I am exhausted. I generally don't eat until after 10 as I really can't face eating before then and never have. I do drink LOTS of tea. I have cut down on the caffeine, but haven't cut it out completely.

i don't take any vitamins as I didn't really know which to take
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Limbo

I have to say I'm very unimpressed with my spelling of Limbo in the title here... I wonder if there isn't some nice mod somewhere around who can change it?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:45 am
Account Closed

I will try it and let you know if it gets any better.

I take my tablets first thing in a morning, but by dinner time I am exhausted. I generally don't eat until after 10 as I really can't face eating before then and never have. I do drink LOTS of tea. I have cut down on the caffeine, but haven't cut it out completely.

i don't take any vitamins as I didn't really know which to take
Well tea is really not very good for you honey, as it contains natural flouride ... and flouride stops your thyroid working. Cut down as much as you can... or pick a good decaff coffee.

If you are exhausted, have you tried splitting your dose of thyroxine? The theory goes that there's no way your body can absorb all of that 200mcg first thing in the morning, so if you split it, say 100 in the early morning, and then 100mcg later on around 3pm, it absorbs better. (One of the side effects of this can be weight loss by the way!)

Magnesium and selenium are BIG thyroid vitamins that you shouldn't be living without.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well tea is really not very good for you honey, as it contains natural flouride ... and flouride stops your thyroid working. Cut down as much as you can... or pick a good decaff coffee.

If you are exhausted, have you tried splitting your dose of thyroxine? The theory goes that there's no way your body can absorb all of that 200mcg first thing in the morning, so if you split it, say 100 in the early morning, and then 100mcg later on around 3pm, it absorbs better. (One of the side effects of this can be weight loss by the way!)

Magnesium and selenium are BIG thyroid vitamins that you shouldn't be living without.

Yes I do feel better when I split the dose, but i forget to take them in the afternoon sometimes

I really can't drink coffee very much as I don't like it that much. I couldn't live without my tea :scared: It's like saying stop breathing

I will definately get some of the vitamins and stuff though
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Yes I do feel better when I split the dose, but i forget to take them in the afternoon sometimes

I really can't drink coffee very much as I don't like it that much. I couldn't live without my tea :scared: It's like saying stop breathing

I will definately get some of the vitamins and stuff though

Do that ... you'll notice a difference quite quickly. Have you got any other symptoms apart from the tiredness?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do that ... you'll notice a difference quite quickly. Have you got any other symptoms apart from the tiredness?
Really bad hair loss, it falls out in lumps.

But that's about it. My weight went up one stone when I was diagnosed 7 years ago and I haven't been able to shift it, but it hasn't gone up since so I've just accepted it
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Really bad hair loss, it falls out in lumps.

But that's about it. My weight went up one stone when I was diagnosed 7 years ago and I haven't been able to shift it, but it hasn't gone up since so I've just accepted it

You definitely need Vitamin B... the hair loss can be prevented with Biotin which is part of the B complex ... although you need to probably take higher amounts of it.
Poor you Wendy.

Are you on a gluten free diet at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.