Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Fast Forward - Now Home 6 Months

Fast Forward - Now Home 6 Months

Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Forward - Now Home 6 Months

Originally Posted by lf1
We are living in a village and it is a marked contrast from living in a city. I lived in the same house for over 20 years and knew my neighbours on either side, one across the back and that was it. There was not a sense of community.

All in all, it has been a good move for us. I am so glad to have found BE as it has been a great source of information and support and I still enjoy coming onto the forum to catch up. Good luck to everyone who is planning the move back home and also to those that plan to move abroad.
It is good news you are enjoying being back.
I feel you are correct in your observation that village life is better than city. With a community around you I imagine the social aspect feels like being home rather than being on an anonymous housing estate or tract of terraces.
Mind you, for us in our suburbs we do have all amenities around us and access to roads, bus and train whereas I feel a village would us feeling physically isolated. What to do........??
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I know, where did the time go? Just let me know how many you need and I'm your woman!!!!!! How is everything with you? Still bombing around in that Mini of yours? Won't be long until Lorry1 is on the QM2.
Still getting used to driving. Second time in the car and my friend and I decide to drive to Oxford from Kent.... in the snow.... clearly I like a challenge!!! ON the way home we stopped off at Turville which is the village they shot Vicar of Dibley in. It was lovely but the drive along the country roads to get there (including a vertical dirt track) was interesting! After that though I'm a bit more confident.

Things are OK thanks. The dogs are well. The two little ones don't like the cold though Poor luvs. My BFF has been here for just over a week and has been loving it. Had a lot of auditions in the City so we've been charging round London like crazy people. Yesterday was Harry Potter Studio Tour which was awesome and I highly recommend.

Can't believe Lorry1 is almost on her way home.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 10:26 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I know, where did the time go? Just let me know how many you need and I'm your woman!!!!!! How is everything with you? Still bombing around in that Mini of yours? Won't be long until Lorry1 is on the QM2.

Originally Posted by britwhore
Still getting used to driving. Second time in the car and my friend and I decide to drive to Oxford from Kent.... in the snow.... clearly I like a challenge!!! ON the way home we stopped off at Turville which is the village they shot Vicar of Dibley in. It was lovely but the drive along the country roads to get there (including a vertical dirt track) was interesting! After that though I'm a bit more confident.

Things are OK thanks. The dogs are well. The two little ones don't like the cold though Poor luvs. My BFF has been here for just over a week and has been loving it. Had a lot of auditions in the City so we've been charging round London like crazy people. Yesterday was Harry Potter Studio Tour which was awesome and I highly recommend.

Can't believe Lorry1 is almost on her way home.
aww thanks ladies. It's definitely nice to have the support on websites like this, even though most of us will probably never meet, it feels like a big family
Old Feb 16th 2013, 6:38 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.JsOH
It is good news you are enjoying being back.
I feel you are correct in your observation that village life is better than city. With a community around you I imagine the social aspect feels like being home rather than being on an anonymous housing estate or tract of terraces.
Mind you, for us in our suburbs we do have all amenities around us and access to roads, bus and train whereas I feel a village would us feeling physically isolated. What to do........??

Thank you. I have to say that being in this village I don't feel isolated at all, but I suppose we all have different perspectives on what that feels like. Socially, we are much more active and I am thankful to have a quiet night in tonight.

I hate to report that one of "country life" fears came to fruition today. I hit a pheasant with my car. I have been very careful, especially driving in areas where I know they breed them for shooting, but I took a road that I am unfamiliar with and in a split second it seemed to walk right under my car. I hope the impact killed it instantly. I used to swerve for gophers in Canada, so I am glad it happened so quickly and that I didn't default to my natural reaction.

I read on the over 50's about your mum and I am sorry to hear that. We went through a difficult period with my OH's mum, so I can perhaps understand a little of what you are going through. I wish you and your mum all the best.