Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Motorway Toll Law Passed

Motorway Toll Law Passed

Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motorway Toll Law Passed

The Portuguese President has signed off the law to impose Tolls on the Via do Infante

http://algarvedailynews.com/news/514...-game-now-over
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Motorway Toll Law Passed

Tolls start Dec 8th
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Tolls start Dec 8th
Are you sure Mike

I hope to be on the Algarve 6th 7th & 8th and it would give me great pleasure not to pay ( because I will not be able to ) to test the system and see if they can trace my car / me
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Are you sure Mike

I hope to be on the Algarve 6th 7th & 8th and it would give me great pleasure not to pay ( because I will not be able to ) to test the system and see if they can trace my car / me
Hi Fred, here is the link to yesterdays Portugal News http://www.theportugalnews.com/ Mike
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Fred, here is the link to yesterdays Portugal News http://www.theportugalnews.com/ Mike

Thanks Mike
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Motorway Toll Law Passed

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Thanks Mike
Now the fun starts finding out how to pay by the cheapest and easiest method!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Now the fun starts finding out how to pay by the cheapest and easiest method!!!!
The cheapest and easiest method is to use the N125 Bryony
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't intend paying
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:27 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

The only alternative is the N125 and I have to say for people driving to Faro it is not a friendly alternative. I did a trail run myself to Faro during peak season and not only did I feel it took for ever, it was simply dangerous.
My biggest worry however is people from Uk & Ireland who have just arrived and are getting used to driving on the other side of the road. Their reflexes are still in the right-hand side mode, I accept by the end of their holiday they will be used to driving but it's those first few hours.I so hope I am wrong.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

I gather that there will be no toll booths so how is one expected to pay for a single trip in and out to collect someone from Faro airport? (aside from the N125).
Old Dec 1st 2011, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelh
The only alternative is the N125 and I have to say for people driving to Faro it is not a friendly alternative. I did a trail run myself to Faro during peak season and not only did I feel it took for ever, it was simply dangerous.
My biggest worry however is people from Uk & Ireland who have just arrived and are getting used to driving on the other side of the road. Their reflexes are still in the right-hand side mode, I accept by the end of their holiday they will be used to driving but it's those first few hours.I so hope I am wrong.
Has anyone tried the N270 (via Alportel) - I know it rejoins the N125 back at Tavira and is longer but could it be an option?
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at:
http://www.estradas.pt/portagensfaq

This seems to be the official line - although it raises more questions than it answers IMHO.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Has anyone tried the N270 (via Alportel) - I know it rejoins the N125 back at Tavira and is longer but could it be an option?
Interesting. This was the route I had been considering. I have been between Alportel and Tavira - which was not as busy as the N125, which can be chronic - but not the first bit between Faro and Alportel. I should be glad to have any comments on that portion.

Otherwise I may just have to switch to flying into Seville.

Regards
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Interesting. This was the route I had been considering. I have been between Alportel and Tavira - which was not as busy as the N125, which can be chronic - but not the first bit between Faro and Alportel. I should be glad to have any comments on that portion.

Otherwise I may just have to switch to flying into Seville.

Regards
I think that the quickest non-toll route is Faro-Olhao - 125 - VRSSa (or O infante roundabout + Mway).

I went weekly to a great massage therapist near SB Alportel (posted elswehere on the forum) and I think even with the 125 traffic it may be quicker to take the 125. For the airport. The 270 however is a nice drive as is the turn off to Porto Cavelhera (sp) Besempere (Sp) - Alcaria (also posted before - for a great day out + lunch)

Whichever non-toll route I think you should still arrive quicker than from Sevillle.

I would always check out Seville as an option as I had great cost savings... but even with a Spanish car, there are still the charges for usage of the toll roads.

The rental companies in Faro have had more than enough time to come up with a decent system for renters re tolls in Faro (the problems are mentioned previously on this forum).. however so far I dont see it, and I fear there are big problems looming. There may be logisitical reasons why renting from Seville would work out best in the end.

Shame for the faltering Portugese economy that needs tourist money... especially Faro which is obviously a big cash earner.

To bring the discussions together on the various threads...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...709700&page=40

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...705093&page=10

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Dec 4th 2011 at 6:19 am.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think the following link sums up some of the feelings / information available in Spain.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-ne...pain-portugal/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.