Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Emjoy's AOS Questions & on to I-751 (OLD thread)

Emjoy's AOS Questions & on to I-751 (OLD thread)

Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:45 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Emjoy's AOS Questions & on to I-751 (OLD thread)

OK, Back to reality.

We're filling in forms...

When filling separate forms at the same time, do you submit separate cheques for each form or one lump sum?

On, I-130, when they ask for proof (suporting documents) that you are a USC are they requiring more than one of the listed items?

Proof of relationships??

Is it worth getting information from our doctor showing proof that 'Emjoy' is pregnant?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (Yes another) England To Chicago

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
When filling separate forms at the same time, do you submit separate cheques for each form or one lump sum?

On, I-130, when they ask for proof (suporting documents) that you are a USC are they requiring more than one of the listed items?

Proof of relationships??

Is it worth getting information from our doctor showing proof that 'Emjoy' is pregnant?
1. Lump sum is fine. You should have a total of $1365.00
2. No, just one proof of USC-ship is fine.
3. Proof of relationship is hard at this stage of the game for you guys...what they mean are joint bills, joint bank accounts, etc...which you don't have yet. Definitely include the certified copy of the marriage certificate, though!
4. I think it might be a good thing to include, if you can get proof of such in time to include it with your AOS package before your 90 day VWP is up.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:19 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emjoy's AOS Questions

Slightly ahead of where you are right now, but when Mr Wonderful and I turned up at the interview, we took the receipt from our wedding ceremony with us and the interviewer was really happy with that.

As she said, the marriage certificate is proof of the event, but not of the marriage....

She also asked if we had any photos, when Mr W and I produced 2 flash drives, which weren't acceptable media for her....
Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Emjoys,

By the time of the AOS interview (which can be anywhere from a few months to a year later), you should have a collection of evidence of your joint life together... for example, such things as joint utility bills, joint bank accounts, photos together (original print-outs, not digital media format), joint insurances (car, health, life), joint mortgage, rent, lease paperwork, tax returns showing you filed under one of the "married" categories, etc. The officer will ask for such items at your interview.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Sep 9th 2008 at 11:28 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to be crass, but unless a paternity test is also included, the fact that she's pregnant isn't necessarily proof of your relationship.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm not trying to be crass, but unless a paternity test is also included, the fact that she's pregnant isn't necessarily proof of your relationship.

Ian
Well yeah.... but... they're married, she's pg (reason they got married in a hurry and stayed to AOS, instead of going home - at least theoretically)...

Seems to me it looks good anyway
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:34 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Correct. We'll keep you updated, thanks for all the help
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

emjoy is on a distinguished road

i second the thanks,
and want to ask if it's proof enough (for the AOS packet) to show pictures of us in UK together, with each other's family, and at places we've stayed together, along with hotel/flat and travel info. Do you think it's worth including all of that as well as old email, phone records that show a history of an ongoing relationship?
thanks
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:09 am
Hydey

LoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emjoy
i second the thanks,
and want to ask if it's proof enough (for the AOS packet) to show pictures of us in UK together, with each other's family, and at places we've stayed together, along with hotel/flat and travel info. Do you think it's worth including all of that as well as old email, phone records that show a history of an ongoing relationship?
thanks
There is never too much, i am adjusting like you from the VWP and must have sent in over 30 pictures! haha. As well as a joint bank account statement.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoveConquorsAll
There is never too much, i am adjusting like you from the VWP and must have sent in over 30 pictures! haha. As well as a joint bank account statement.
Yours is fine.

But there can be "too much". I've always heard it suggested to send in a reasonable sample, not everything you have.

Anything "official" that is joint is good. Pictures with the date and place written on the back are good - we had the friend that took them sign and date them stating she had taken them.

You can write wills... you can fill out healthcare power of attorney's for each other... we even used a joint Sams Club account.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:21 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emjoy
i second the thanks,
thanks
Supplementary evidence of your relationship should accompany the I-130 application. USCIS gives some indication of what this can be. Some people send one or two things, while others send everything bar the kitchen sink! *lol* As you will be presenting a lot of this 'proof' at the aos interview itself, no need to go overboard now Documentation such as joint bills, bank accounts, insurance, medical plans are obviously good to send if you have them. If not, don't worry about it as at this stage they don't really expect you to have all of that. I sent approx 6 photographs ( two of the wedding, two of us in the UK and two of us out with friends in the USA). I also sent them a copy of our joint car insurance, our joint tenancy agreement and a copy of my medical bill.

My maid of honor ( who was also my joint sponsor) wrote a declaration, basically saying how she met me, how she knew my hubby, and how crazy and fun it was organizing a wedding in the space of a few weeks! *lol* She wrote the letter herself and kept it real brief ( less than a page) and informal ( apart from the necessary declaration part )

We saved all our other 'personal' stuff ( emails, lots of other photos, cards etc) for the aos interview itself ( though apart from going through some of our wedding photos and photos we had taken in the UK the rest of it didn't even make it out of the folder) The IO spent most of that part of the interview talking to Ken about his vacation in the UK, what castles we visited etc etc. It was very relaxed and friendly

Last edited by Songbird; Sep 11th 2008 at 5:28 am.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:40 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

If you filed form I-485 as of July 30th 2007, no fee is required to also file a request for employment/Advanced parole (because it was listed on both)...

Just to confirm, this means the fee for that isn't payable?

On I-765: It asks for current immigration status, what would my current immigration status be if I entered on V.W.P and I'm submitting the form with the AOS forms and all the other forms?

__________________________________________________ _______________

Thanks for the above replies all are very much appreciated.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:18 pm

If you filed form I-485 as of July 30th 2007, no fee is required to also file a request for employment/Advanced parole (because it was listed on both)...

Just to confirm, this means the fee for that isn't payable?

On I-765: It asks for current immigration status, what would my current immigration status be if I entered on V.W.P and I'm submitting the form with the AOS forms and all the other forms?

__________________________________________________ _______________

Thanks for the above replies all are very much appreciated.
1. Correct, there is no charge for the I-765 and I-131, when filed concurrently with an I-485.

2. Your current status is "visitor". You could probably add "pending AOS". USCIS will be able to see what your status is anyway, since you'll be submitting a copy of your passport and I-94W.

Rene
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Putting "visitor" probably isn't a good idea. I believe "pending AOS" is probably better... while "none" would be the most accurate although perhaps, not as helpful.

Ian
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:44 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Thanks guys.

You do realise you're all invited to Chicago for a shindig

For my I-94 number should I put the departure number?

Thats the only number I have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.