Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

scared D Day is here

scared D Day is here

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all
Default scared D Day is here

Hi everyone, havent been on for a while
well D Day is here, I left work last week, Pickfords arrive tomorrow and we fly out next tuesday
My head is mashed similar to when you first have a baby I am doing really wired and forgetful things at the moment
My girls aged 5 and 6 finish school tomorrow and despite thinking they would cope they are both getting quite emotional which sets me off too!
Times like these you know who your real mates are too, some folk have just stayed away which leaves me feeling quite sad and others have been great
We are initially going to stay with friends in Albany for 2 weeks and rent from there ( dog arrives the day after us), looking at titirangi or one of the bays in the northshore.
I start work end of april so time to get over jet lag and ensure the girls settle. It all feels strange, keep thinking if i am doing the right thing ( hubby is supportive and would have been there months before) I seem to be exhausted, excited, anxious, nervous, apprehensive, manic and sad infact all those emotions every hour!
I would love words of wisdom and will try and use another computer incase they take mine tomorrow.
take care everyone and see you soon
forshy
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: scared D Day is here

Originally Posted by forshy

well D Day is here, I left work last week, Pickfords arrive tomorrow and we fly out next tuesday
My head is mashed similar to when you first have a baby I am doing really wired and forgetful things at the moment
My girls aged 5 and 6 finish school tomorrow and despite thinking they would cope they are both getting quite emotional which sets me off too!
Times like these you know who your real mates are too, some folk have just stayed away which leaves me feeling quite sad and others have been great
We are initially going to stay with friends in Albany for 2 weeks and rent from there ( dog arrives the day after us), looking at titirangi or one of the bays in the northshore.
I start work end of april so time to get over jet lag and ensure the girls settle. It all feels strange, keep thinking if i am doing the right thing ( hubby is supportive and would have been there months before) I seem to be exhausted, excited, anxious, nervous, apprehensive, manic and sad infact all those emotions every hour!
I would love words of wisdom and will try and use another computer incase they take mine tomorrow.
forshy
Hi there, we came over October last year and went through every emotion known to man Its a huge step you are taking but remember your reasons for doing it and the better life you hope to give your girls. We even had to leave my mother-in-law in hospital 5 hours before the taxi turned up to take us to Heathrow sobe prepared for things to go very pear shaped. Keep smiling, take lots of tissues and deep breaths and you will soon be in this beautiful land. Be kind to yourself and aware of how sad you will feel. Its a new life starting not an old life dying!!! Enjoy and good luck Bevissa xxx
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hi there, we came over October last year and went through every emotion known to man Its a huge step you are taking but remember your reasons for doing it and the better life you hope to give your girls. We even had to leave my mother-in-law in hospital 5 hours before the taxi turned up to take us to Heathrow sobe prepared for things to go very pear shaped. Keep smiling, take lots of tissues and deep breaths and you will soon be in this beautiful land. Be kind to yourself and aware of how sad you will feel. Its a new life starting not an old life dying!!! Enjoy and good luck Bevissa xxx
OMG you made me cry in a good way thank you x
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:09 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything you describe is completely normal, believe it or not!

It is a rollercoaster of emotions and I don't think you could be doing anything different to change that. Once you get on the plane you'll relax - well it worked for me! It's the start now of the real adventure. Buckle in, sit back and enjoy!

Best of luck with the final few days.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

You are very welcome. I do still cry when I phone my dad as I miss him loads and he doesn't "do" computers its still worth it to live here We have even brought kayaks and hopefully the boat will follow when OH gets permanent work. I feel the lifestyle we wanted is within reach...... Bevissa
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

good luck with everything! have a little drink on the plane and start the unwinding! fruition is near, all that organisation will soon pay off.
keep us posted.

jax
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hey. Hey . Hey Forshy.

Congratulations. You are a perfectly , lovely, caring human being . Mashed Head Syndrome is normal.

It would be madness if you didn't feel this way. After all you are about to turn your current world topsy turvy and set out on a brand new adventure.

Go with it. It'll probably all still feel a bit unreal , even when you are boarding that plane. My own head just shut down but my eyeballs went into overdrive .

Originally Posted by bevissa
I do still cry when I phone my dad as I miss him loads and he doesn't "do" computers
I was the same with my dear old Dad Bevissa. We'd have a brill phone call and then I would be in pieces for a while afterward. Husband thought I was mental, as he has never felt that at all when phoning my Smother-Outlaw.

I've sent you a cyber box of man-sized extra strength tissues via your karma button
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Hazey will become famous soon enoughHazey will become famous soon enough

Hi there, Whilst I may be the worse person to give advise (due to being very homesick) I just had to email and tell you just how well my kids settled here, a few tears and that was it and that was mainly because they missed the old bunk bed ! My kids are so happy and the one thing this makes me proud is when they stand up at school and sing the New Zealand national anthem ! Don't worry about the kids they will be just fine. Take care
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, good luck, can't imagine how you feel, I get in a tizzy jusy going out for a month, can't imagine how it'll feel when we finally do the big one
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

forshy
As everyone else has said you will experience every emotion imaginable.
I think there would be something wrong if you didnt!
Just remember why you are doing it, it will all be worth it.
On the plus side Mashed Head Syndrome has now replaced Immigration Finger!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RobDon
As everyone else has said you will experience every emotion imaginable.
I think there would be something wrong if you didnt!
Just remember why you are doing it, it will all be worth it.
On the plus side Mashed Head Syndrome has now replaced Immigration Finger!!
Pickfords came today and took most things away and they return again tomorrow! i feel like an emotional wreck as a cried at the girls school watching them say goodbyes to their friends
Old Mar 25th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwwwwwww
It will get better
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RobDon
Awwwwwwwww
It will get better
I really hope so I just take comfort in knowing that everyone goes through this
thankyou everybody for all your support
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi Forshy

I sooooo know how u feel - am on the same plane as you after all. Can't say much else, just know you are not alone.

Cheers

HH
Old Mar 25th 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I really hope so I just take comfort in knowing that everyone goes through this
thankyou everybody for all your support
It helped us enormously at the time to know everybody goes through the same! We have all been there and done that to get where we are now.
Dont loose sight of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.