Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another Citizenship question

Another Citizenship question

Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Another Citizenship question

Just got a case officer assigned (We applied on the 29th of April)....How long does it normally take after that....

I wondered because the next ceremony is on the 4th August in Orewa...
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Citizenship question

Hi
Did you look at http://www.citizenship.govt.nz
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I looked at that but its not updated very often and wondered if anyone had gone through citizenship recently

Cheers
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:32 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Yeah I looked at that but its not updated very often and wondered if anyone had gone through citizenship recently

Cheers
BEVS and Pixie-Dust have both turned Citizens recently.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Just got a case officer assigned (We applied on the 29th of April)....How long does it normally take after that....

I wondered because the next ceremony is on the 4th August in Orewa...
I think it may be variable according to the region. Pixi's up North was quicker than mine here at the top of the South.

I do remember that at least one ceremony took place whilst we waited for The Letter.
The other thing I remember was my husband trying to knock the NZ flag & top off the New Zealand flagstaff as he carried it outside the council chambers and into the council's garden. He then tried to behead the mayor as he swung it around to get it under the door frame. That's an old vet. rugby player for you.

Whatever though make sure you take your camera & get yourself in the local newspaper photos and post it on here
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:28 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

oops sorry I saw this yesterday but didn't have time to reply, then I forgot!
Anyway, we applied just before christmas.
Then about 3 weeks ( I think) after that we got a letter to say that they had our application and it was taking about 6 months. ( Money came off our card almost instantly!)
Then on 26th march - 3 months after applying we got a letter from Internal affairs to say we had been successful and they would let us know when the next ceremony was.
On the 21st April the letter arrived to say the ceremony was on the 1st May.
So all in all a bit over 4 months.

Oh and I did wear a bit of tartan!
http://ourweefarm.blogspot.com/2009/...emony-was.html
if anyone wants to see pics of the day.

NZGirl good luck, you'll have a lovely day, they make it feel very special.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Oh and I did wear a bit of tartan!
Lovely photos thank you, now I'm hooked on reading your blog
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:52 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

thank you!
It's just a ramble most of the time, but some of the pics are nice!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:50 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
The other thing I remember was my husband trying to knock the NZ flag & top off the New Zealand flagstaff as he carried it outside the council chambers and into the council's garden. He then tried to behead the mayor as he swung it around to get it under the door frame. That's an old vet. rugby player for you.
Just spilt coffee all over my desk!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:05 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this link ........another one hooked!
brought on a 'warm' feeling ....(if you know what I mean!) plus smiles and memories of Northland
B x