Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wifes soon to be expired passport

Wifes soon to be expired passport

Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Teach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really nice
Question Wifes soon to be expired passport

Although not urgent... we have realized that my wifes passport is about to expire. Having searched the web I believe we have to send form C1 to Washington with the expired passport.... is that correct? If anyone has any websites that could aide me I would be extremly grateful....
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:49 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wifes soon to be expired passport

Originally Posted by Teach3r
Although not urgent... we have realized that my wifes passport is about to expire. Having searched the web I believe we have to send form C1 to Washington with the expired passport.... is that correct? If anyone has any websites that could aide me I would be extremly grateful....
that's exactly what you do.

www.britainusa.com for all the addresses/fees and malarky.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

...what Manc suggested.

They were impressively fast when hubby and son's passports needed renewing.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:50 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this site.

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25302
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Teach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really niceTeach3r is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
that's exactly what you do.

www.britainusa.com for all the addresses/fees and malarky.
Thanks Manc...
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geeandtee
...what Manc suggested.

They were impressively fast when hubby and son's passports needed renewing.
shame they ain't cheap...I was about to go get this done myself, but I'm going to be holding off for a while now, don't have plans to travel and it's one of those things that's off the must do list right now
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
shame they ain't cheap...I was about to go get this done myself, but I'm going to be holding off for a while now, don't have plans to travel and it's one of those things that's off the must do list right now
No, they aren't cheap! Couldn't believe the price
Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Go on...how much?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:49 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just looking into this now as I have to do mine, and the form asks again for the countersignature: "someone who has known you personally for at least two years should complete and sign Section 10. That person should be a British citizen, other British national or Commonwealth citizen who is a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or professionally qualified person, e.g. Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing. Procedures include a check on the authenticity of countersignatories."

Do we have to do that again? I don't know anyone, either British or American, who could fulfill that role?

Ugh! They make the easy seem so hard!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
I'm just looking into this now as I have to do mine, and the form asks again for the countersignature: "someone who has known you personally for at least two years should complete and sign Section 10. That person should be a British citizen, other British national or Commonwealth citizen who is a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or professionally qualified person, e.g. Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing. Procedures include a check on the authenticity of countersignatories."

Do we have to do that again? I don't know anyone, either British or American, who could fulfill that role?

Ugh! They make the easy seem so hard!
No...if you still look like the same person in your present PP pic. no you don't need a counter signature. I renewed my PP and didn't get the pic countersigned.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Go on...how much?
I honestly can't remember...it was a few hundred dollars, I think.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Go on...how much?
Take a look for yourself

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...96&postcount=2
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:33 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No...if you still look like the same person in your present PP pic. no you don't need a counter signature. I renewed my PP and didn't get the pic countersigned.
Can one assume putting a few pounds and loosing most of my hair counts as looking like the same person?

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to fishing for respectable friends...