living and working in Dubai

living and working in Dubai

Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:12 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road
Default living and working in Dubai

How is Dubai?
Am thinking of working for sometime in Dubai and i would be moving from Australia.
How easy is it for Australians to get a job etc..
And is it expensive living there?
I've heard its a beautiful city..
Any ideas would be appreciated
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:15 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living and working in Dubai

Originally Posted by ige
How is Dubai?
Am thinking of working for sometime in Dubai and i would be moving from Australia.
How easy is it for Australians to get a job etc..
And is it expensive living there?
I've heard its a beautiful city..
Any ideas would be appreciated
SNORT
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:28 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Expensive!

PMSL.

Beautiful city!

LOL.

Read the FAQ and weep.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:32 am
ige
Forum Regular

Whats is PSML!!!
Can you guys elaborate more..
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:35 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ige
Whats is PSML!!!
Can you guys elaborate more..
Dunno what PSML means, but PMSL means Piss My Self Laughing.

Proud Sasquatch Mounts Llamas, perhaps?

Anyway, the answers you desire are contained within the many threads on here that have asked the same question. The answer is always - look at the FAQs at the top. But as I'm feeling kind:

Yes, it's expensive. Rent especially. It also depends on whether you are single or married with chimps.
Jobs? Depends on your profession.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:49 am

Boydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Dunno what PSML means, but PMSL means Piss My Self Laughing.

Proud Sasquatch Mounts Llamas, perhaps?

Anyway, the answers you desire are contained within the many threads on here that have asked the same question. The answer is always - look at the FAQs at the top. But as I'm feeling kind:

Yes, it's expensive. Rent especially. It also depends on whether you are single or married with chimps.
Jobs? Depends on your profession.
As LJ says, search the forum for 'relocation', 'rent', 'cost of living' etc. Or look at the second sticky down for some basic information. I'm moving out shortly and have been going through all of this.

Personal situation and profession will have an impact, I'm a civil engineer so there's plenty going on, if your a structural engineer your laughing! Anything else I have no idea?

Cost of living isn't that bad, beer's a bit pricier (relative to provincial UK but about the same as central london), cars and petrol are cheap but rent will probably wipe out half of your overall pay packet (boosted with a accommodation allowance).

Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:51 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Boydy101
As LJ says, search the forum for 'relocation', 'rent', 'cost of living' etc. Or look at the second sticky down for some basic information. I'm moving out shortly and have been going through all of this.

Personal situation and profession will have an impact, I'm a civil engineer so there's plenty going on, if your a structural engineer your laughing! Anything else I have no idea?

Cost of living isn't that bad, beer's a bit pricier (relative to provincial UK but about the same as central london), cars and petrol are cheap but rent will probably wipe out half of your overall pay packet (boosted with a accommodation allowance).

He ain't even here yet and he knows more than me!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:51 am
W10

It is a very beautiful city.

Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:55 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by W10
It is a very beautiful city.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

and if you behold cranes and dust to be beautiful, then you'll love it.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:57 am
ige
Forum Regular

hm... i work as a Senior Analyst Programmer..
Do i have a chance to survive?
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:58 am

Boydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
He ain't even here yet and he knows more than me!
Insert standard comment about smoggies here:
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by ige
hm... i work as a Senior Analyst Programmer..
Do i have a chance to survive?
Not a clue.

Try the sticky for recruitment websites and see what comes up.

What is one of those anyway? Always seems like a collection of words strung together to sound important and strike fear into anyone who doesn't know.

Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:12 am
ige
Forum Regular

Thats not the case guys..
Go to IT recruitment sites.....
Old Mar 8th 2007, 1:14 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

You dont have a chance of getting a analyst role in Dubai,

Not when there are 6 gazzilion sub-continent workers with MBA's PHD's that can do the same job, but are happy to do it for 50 pence a year
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

wiki info, it's a wonderful thing, as is the search function...after you've read those and got any specific questions, I"m sure the piss taking will reduce...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.