Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights for the Tour De France

Flights for the Tour De France

Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of
Default Flights for the Tour De France

Just looking at booking flights back to Blighty to see the folks and watch the Tour pass through our home town in Yorkshire. Anyone heard of any bargain flights back to the UK???
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

mazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud ofmazandben has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights for the Tour De France

Looking at going begining of June
Old Dec 9th 2013, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Purrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond repute

For flight comparisons, try:

http://www.kayak.com/flights

Saved hundreds of pounds last time going the other way... and even far cheaper flights were available, but they either involved long stopovers, slightly dodgy airlines or circuitous routes. Or a combination of all three, which is fine if you're on a budget, but perhaps more cramped or tiring.

When you get the first search results, you can finetune the options in the lefthand column and also specify factors like the departure and stopover times using the 'Sort By' button.

Once my flight was booked, all online, I scooted over to SeatGuru.com and then the airline site to reserve the best window seats on every flight, there and back, away from the loos and engines, so I could peer out the windows and sleep propped up against the walls. Even had an entire row to myself back from Dubai to stretch out on while people jammed into the centre rows were looking jealously on, possibly wondering what magic trick I had up my sleeves or what, er, favours I might have performed for the cabin crew.

Hey presto. All sorted within about 45 minutes.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Wow thanks Purrball, I will have a good look at your suggestions