Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand

Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand

Old May 17th 2013, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Meriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really niceMeriatressia is just really nice
Exclamation Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand

I want to know all the bad things about New Zealand.

My husband has this extremely naive, rose tinted lenses, view on the country.
He;d like to emigrate there. But I don't believe the hype.

So, whats the deal with NZ.

I don't believe that it's so good. Not one bit.

I don't care about what country we'd go to, if we won the lottery.
My demands for that are straightforward.

speak english
temperate climate
good internet
no games and media censorship
people that keep out of my business
supermarkets and convieniant and low priced shopping
affordable places to live in rural areas
House with central heating and a combination boiler.
no water regulation garbage

NZ is the closest to this,as far I can tell.

I don't like beaches, I hate barbecues, and I don't go hiking or any of that.
I just want a temperate place to live, in the country in a nice area, with proper shops, with not too high expenses.
Were people keep out of my business.

I don't believe for 1 minute that NZ is this nicey nicey place they like to project. The promotion is sugar coated drivel.
No place is that nice.

Every single country ever, has bad things in it.
Be it a high council or land tax, or high health fees.
There's always something.
There has to be taxes. Sometimes for good reasons. Sometimes for stupid reasons, just to make money.

But they never mention the bad things, when promoting it.

So, tell me the bad things. All of them.
No hiding things. I want the full list.

What is the housing like? Are wages low? Expenses high?
Are the animals toxic to a high degree?

I am not a easily fooled pansy. I want supermarkets and shops.
Proper supermarkets not some overly cutsey many shops far away thing.
I want to be able to go to a shop when I need to.
To be able to buy what I want.

I don't care about people. So long as they keep out of my business, I'm fine.

NZ strikes me as very sickly country. Projecting a non existant ideal that never existed. There is something very wrong with the lack of bad things mentioned about it. It does'nt strike me as being honest.
Something that not even the tacky australia does.
No way I'd go to australia. But it seems quite honest in promoting it.

What is the games and media market like? Can you get all the games
and films that other countries get?
I know australia does'nt.

Gaming is very important to me. I want to be able to get games when I want, and to play F2P PC games when I want to.
No censorship garbage. No blocking them for country.
I'll take the games coming out later. So long as they come out.
I don't buy games till the price drops a LOT, anyway.
It the internet regulated and censored.

What is the crime like. Are the police effiecient.

What happens if you get a emergency?
Would your emergency broken ankle trip to the hospital be compounded by a massive bill?

One thing england does right, the NHS.

Do you need health insurance?

What is the work conditions like. Are they corrupt, or union regulated?

What if you have a dispute. Will the unions be able to argue in your defence?
Not saying they're any good, but you have to know if they are in effect.

Are there any outstandingly huge taxes or expenses?
There's always something.

From other threads, there appears to be some stupid charges.

I would want to live in the country and no other place.

In a place without earthquakes. His brother got earthquakes.

What is the religious tolerance like.
I'm a pagan. I won't be go to a place that is anti pagan and polytheistic.
Im not a overt show off, I just want to know.

What about racism.
I'm white, so the white on others is'nt my problem.
We're both white, so we're fine for that.

Is there any other race on white racism?
You never know.
No chance I'm going a place were there is.

What are utility bills like.
Do they pull stunts with the water in summer. Like stopping you washing or hosepipe bans.
I don't have hosepipes or use them, but it's a example of rubbish that they can try.

Is there any stupid house and garden rubbish.

I know a friend in america who had nasty authorities ripped up his front garden for not being a lawn.

I won't be going anywere that demands you have the same garden as your neighbours.
I will make my garden what I want it be. But make sure it's safe to go down paths and pass, obviously.

What is the councils like. Are they intrusive.
Are all rural areas piped water. I won't be messing round with a generater and septic tank.

What is driving like. Is it heavily taxed. Are roads tole roads. What does transport cost.

What are the authorities like. Are they more sickly, overbearing, than the average athority?

Just how backwards is this country.

Please, answer me as honestly as possible.
I want to hear the very worst things of this country.

Last edited by Meriatressia; May 17th 2013 at 7:44 pm.
Old May 17th 2013, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

chez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nice
Default Re: Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand

from what you want NZ is deffo NOT for you ,everything you buy is taxed 15% even your rates bill ha s GST added to it at 15% along with food ,road tax ,clothes which are crap quality all Asian made ,I would stay where you are and you will never go wrong .
Old May 17th 2013, 8:04 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you move to a quiet island somewhere ? Don't think any country will meet your demands lol
Old May 17th 2013, 8:06 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Btw I do like your fishing
Old May 17th 2013, 8:08 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

I pity your husband.
Old May 17th 2013, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Meriatressia are you for real???
I really don't think you want to move or should move to NZ and I feel you would be better placed on an island or a planet on your own
Old May 17th 2013, 9:14 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't be bothered reading your far to long anti - New Zealand post. Haven't you got a life to be getting on with ?

I'm not New Zealand's biggest fan, but then, I live here.

My posts can sometimes be huge, but yours even beats my longest one.
Old May 17th 2013, 9:17 pm
Stoke City fanatic

Remember she or he is fishing, don't be caught
Old May 17th 2013, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

Most trolls live under a bridge somewhere. Hopefully you'll find one that doesn't flood too often.
Old May 17th 2013, 9:50 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should come here and then write a book about your experiences. I suspect it will be a best seller.
Old May 17th 2013, 10:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

like snap shot I gave up reading this drivel.

you want proper shops but no people how's that going to work?

and to say you don't want earthquakes in NZ is just beyond belief.

stick to Europe
Old May 17th 2013, 11:01 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Found just what you want, and you don't even need to leave the UK.
Attached Thumbnails Tell Me All The Bad Things About New Zealand-troll-bridge.jpg  
Old May 18th 2013, 12:21 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
like snap shot I gave up reading this drivel.

you want proper shops but no people how's that going to work?

and to say you don't want earthquakes in NZ is just beyond belief.

stick to Europe
Thanks x

I assume the OP is about 12 years old in real life, and English is not their first language. My guess is they're in America. Playing the latest computer games seems to be the top priority in their life. It was probably getting past their bed time when they wrote the post. The post is long because it repeats itself. It just sounds like a child trying to talk about grown up subjects i.e. shopping, the media, crowds. Yeah, I've finally read it. Well I've had an early lunch and wanted something to read whilst letting my food digest.

'My brother got earthquakes' - what is this drivel ?

Fifty cents says we never hear from them, as is the nature of trolls.

Last edited by Snap Shot; May 18th 2013 at 12:31 am. Reason: Taken the bait again.....
Old May 18th 2013, 1:45 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meriatressia
Please, answer me as honestly as possible.
I want to hear the very worst things of this country.
Hi welcome to BE.

The best way to start interacting on a new forum is to ease your way into it gently, get to know everyone first, read through all the other threads, 99% of what you are asking has already been asked, and answered in the past. So by reading the other threads you will find the answers to many of your questions and you will get to know other members at the same time.

I would also suggest reading through the articles in our article section here
Old May 18th 2013, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

AndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond repute

Come on folks this is the funniest post I've read on here for a while! It's quite brilliant. I'm guessing a child, maybe one whose parents have discussed or planned emigrating.
Can you imagine trying to answer all those questions? No need of course, just the shopping/rural/earthquake answers would be enough.
Thanks whoever you are for giving me a jolly good chuckle.
Now in the words of Public Enemy
Don't believe the hype! Don't don't, don't belive the hype!
Yeah boyyyyyyyy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.