Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone left there pr status to the last minute ?

Has anyone left there pr status to the last minute ?

Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone left there pr status to the last minute ?

HI i became pr 2 and ahalf years ago but as soon as i activated it i came back home to the uk.I have now 6 months to enter canada or i lose the pr status.Would immigration ask questions and could they possibly refuse me entry as i have been away for to long ?
Old Sep 18th 2012, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone left there pr status to the last minute ?

Originally Posted by leeps
HI i became pr 2 and ahalf years ago but as soon as i activated it i came back home to the uk.I have now 6 months to enter canada or i lose the pr status.Would immigration ask questions and could they possibly refuse me entry as i have been away for to long ?
Legal answer is if you dont meet the residency obligation of 730 days then if referred into Immigration and you dont meet or cannot meet the 730 day requirement then you will be formally reported and issued with a removal order which can be appealed in a 30 day period plus 7 days for mailing in period. The IRB will then decide if to enforce the removal order and order you to leave Canada.
You will be allowed entry at the time but must leave if ordered to do so.
This link explains it in more detail
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf23-eng.pdf
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:13 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone left there pr status to the last minute ?

Originally Posted by leeps
They certainly might question you to determine whether or not you can still meet the 2 out of 5 year residency requirement. If you can they cannot refuse you entry. If you can't then as above.