Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Posts removed from 457 thread

Posts removed from 457 thread

Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:02 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Posts removed from 457 thread

Originally Posted by upyerfud
To suggest companies who employ hundreds of thousands of highly taxed employees should contribute to the country is about the stupidest remark I've seen on this forum for a long time. Their taxes, both personal and corporate, and mining royalties are all thats keeping the country going at the moment.
Almost beaten by thinking that 457 workers are cheaper than locals.
Do you mind not being rude please? Disagree with their opinion by all means, but there is no need to belittle their opinion by calling it stupid.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: Anti 457 visa protest

Most of the comments i have seen about the protests are aimed at and these are not my words but I quote "gooks and curry munchers". So maybe people are being given the impression that 457 visas are going to be given on masse to people from Asia??
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by boots
Very simple,
Why pay a "Local" say $XYZ when you can have 2 or 3 457 Visa holders for the same price?
Why worry about when the worker is permanantly injured?No costs
Why worry if any of your workers speak up on safety etc?Easy ,replace them with workers too scared to complain.
Why try and cheat workers out of their Contract/Agreed/Law wage?Easy way around it is employ 457 employees only.
And they are not paid the same as Australians.
Fact.
The Racist tag,,so easily used by those too lazy to think
Ever wonder why USA is in the doldrums?
Or was that racist outsourcing their industries and bring in "CHEAP" Overseas labour to further lower the American economy.
I seem to remember the vast majority of British sqeaking,moaning etc when their nation was flooded by cheap Polish workers,and before that Indian and Pakis.
Look how great England is today.
There is enough wealth and prosperity for ALL Australians to enjoy without lowering our standard of living to a Third World Nation
Old Jul 14th 2012, 12:27 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desert-rat
Most of the comments i have seen about the protests are aimed at and these are not my words but I quote *Snipped*. So maybe people are being given the impression that 457 visas are going to be given on masse to people from Asia??
I don't care if you are quoting or not, that language isn't appropriate on here. Please don't repeat it.

Very simple,
Why pay a "Local" say $XYZ when you can have 2 or 3 457 Visa holders for the same price?
Why worry about when the worker is permanantly injured?No costs
Why worry if any of your workers speak up on safety etc?Easy ,replace them with workers too scared to complain.
Why try and cheat workers out of their Contract/Agreed/Law wage?Easy way around it is employ 457 employees only.
And they are not paid the same as Australians.
Fact.
Ever wonder why USA is in the doldrums?
Or was that racist outsourcing their industries and bring in "CHEAP" Overseas labour to further lower the American economy.
I seem to remember the vast majority of British sqeaking,moaning etc when their nation was flooded by cheap Polish workers,and before that Indian and *Snipped*.
Look how great England is today.
There is enough wealth and prosperity for ALL Australians to enjoy without lowering our standard of living to a Third World Nation
I was replying on the basis of using White Australia policy,Racism etc in the above posts.
It is a confirmed concern,I know personally,how the"457 System" operates.
This isn't in regards to Proffesional careers 457 Visa's.
Lets say Gina R.,a large Mine owner,wants to make more money-fair call as thats why anyone is in business.
The company requires ,say 350 workers,for their Big Dirt Mine in Upper Kumbukaa West.
They advertise for a Truck Operator with First Aid,Logistics etc etc qualifications.I apply and get an auto generated ,if any at all,rejection.
MMmmmm,I have Para-Medic qualifications,so tick on the 1st aid,have MC(Road Trains,Tippers + all types of other heavy machinary tickets etc-again tick,have extensive remote Desert work experience here and in USA/Mexico,have a Diploma in Logistics Management-But I am not qualified enough to operate a small truck in a straight line!!!True story!!!
I know of an Engineer in Brisbane in the same boat!!!!
So Mining Company goes back to Government persons dealing with "Labour Shortage" and pleads their case,Labour Minister scared of Mining Company rubber stamps 457 for UNSKILLED LABOURERS ,whilst decreeing he is doing all he can to alleviate the LABOUR SHORTAGE.
And the person saying that companies have to pay the 457 Visa Holder the equiv. wage?
Why do you think a lot of jobs are only advertised in New Zealand or China and escp.The Philippines?
Why was the Irish Man killed on a building site rigging when his 457 Visa was for a highly qualified Engineer?
I have heard that argument so many times in the UK it's not even funny. Person X can't get a job & so it's the fault of the immigrants. You're complaining that:
Yet the people who make those kinds of arguments usually are racist. You've shown no evidence for your assertions. Would you care to back up your claims? Oh, and please avoid using racist language when/if you do so. I've edited it from the quote in my post, in case you're wondering which bit I'm referring to.

I agree with Tramps_mate. You've provided no evidence & you just sound incredibly bitter because someone else got the job & you didn't.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I don't care if you are quoting or not, that language isn't appropriate on here. Please don't repeat it.

I have heard that argument so many times in the UK it's not even funny. Person X can't get a job & so it's the fault of the immigrants. You're complaining that:

Yet the people who make those kinds of arguments usually are racist. You've shown no evidence for your assertions. Would you care to back up your claims? Oh, and please avoid using racist language when/if you do so. I've edited it from the quote in my post, in case you're wondering which bit I'm referring to.

I agree with Tramps_mate. You've provided no evidence & you just sound incredibly bitter because someone else got the job & you didn't.
Took me 0.0005 sec and this is a random selection of the 457 Visa system being used to "Exploit and Underpay" those involved;

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/employers-...725-1hx98.html

I have personal experience at it,and no, as being a tad more intelligent won't fall for the libel trap.Will freely provide examples.,etc offline..
So I am a racist?????Where was my language Racist??
Based on what evidence?
That's a big call
Re-Read my post,
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:05 pm

Took me 0.0005 sec and this is a random selection of the 457 Visa system being used to "Exploit and Underpay" those involved;

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/employers-...725-1hx98.html

I have personal experience at it,and no, as being a tad more intelligent won't fall for the libel trap.Will freely provide examples.,etc offline..
So I am a racist?????Where was my language Racist??
Based on what evidence?
That's a big call
Re-Read my post,
Since you're having difficulty with comprehension, I've highlighted the section of my post which indicates where you were using inappropriate terms. I've even highlighted it in red to make it easier for you.

As for your "evidence", a link that is over a year old complaining that 457 employers have avoided sanctions hardly cuts it. I take it you haven't noticed whilst you're having your rage fit about "DEY TERK OOR JERBS!", that (as mentioned above) employers have recently been taken to court and fined for underpaying workers.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Haha! Not seen that one for years!

Dey terk er jeerbs!!!

Derk a der!!!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Haha! Not seen that one for years!

Dey terk er jeerbs!!!

Derk a der!!!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

OK,
Understanding comprehension is out of grasp to a few people with agendas
Facts are facts.
Why the need to belittle people that are stating facts and opinion is beyond me.
Its OK,know where you are coming from,
Trying to have a sensible debate,but,,,,
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:54 pm

OK,
Understanding comprehension is out of grasp to a few people with agendas
Facts are facts.
Why the need to belittle people that are stating facts and opinion is beyond me.
Its OK,know where you are coming from,
Trying to have a sensible debate,but,,,,
Stating "fact" after something doesn't automatically make it so. I think your agenda is fairly clear. I don't see how you think you are going to have a sensible debate when your point comes down to "I'm bitter because another person got the job I wanted. I know, it's because of cheaper immigrants. It can't be me at all."
Old Jul 15th 2012, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Stating "fact" after something doesn't automatically make it so. I think your agenda is fairly clear. I don't see how you think you are going to have a sensible debate when your point comes down to "I'm bitter because another person got the job I wanted. I know, it's because of cheaper immigrants. It can't be me at all."

Might try something other than selective quotes and answer all my questions instead of ranting on a few lines of my post

Try and be non-subjective sometimes
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:41 am

Might try something other than selective quotes and answer all my questions instead of ranting on a few lines of my post

Try and be non-subjective sometimes
"Kettle, this is Pot. You're black!"

You have based your entire argument on your experience of failing to get a job & your unsubstantiated theory as to why that occurred. The fact that that is extremely subjective seems to have flown right over your head.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

"Kettle, this is Pot. You're black!"

You have based your entire argument on your experience of failing to get a job & your unsubstantiated theory as to why that occurred. The fact that that is extremely subjective seems to have flown right over your head.

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh,
OK,I will make this even easy,simple,understanding etc for you.
Re-read my post and comprehend my statement/comment/Point of view etc.
I have used an example to substantiate my view,but you have decided to use selective nit-picking,which I find .
Hey You keep retorting and dig a bigger hole in which to extricate yourself,be my guest
Old Jul 15th 2012, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

OK Truce mrsgreenstar76???
I won't comment any further if you don't.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 4:45 am

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh,
OK,I will make this even easy,simple,understanding etc for you.
Re-read my post and comprehend my statement/comment/Point of view etc.
I have used an example to substantiate my view,but you have decided to use selective nit-picking,which I find .
Hey You keep retorting and dig a bigger hole in which to extricate yourself,be my guest
You have not provided anything but your own warped view. Feel free to add as many rofl smilies as you like, but it will not affect the utterly unproven argument you attempted to make.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.