Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

William and Kate's 2014 Royal Tour

William and Kate's 2014 Royal Tour

Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Talking William and Kate's 2014 Royal Tour

Brace yourself people they're coming; time to get out your best china and crack open the Twinings, polish your tiara and place your bets on what she'll wear. Get thee out there into the virtual crowds with your flags and 'Hello Mum' banners and cringe at the impending recreation of the world famous Buzzy Bee on the lawn shot with Georgie boy.

Old Apr 6th 2014, 7:08 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: William and Kate's 2014 Royal Tour

Cambridge is getting ready. I am not interested in the royal family but I always want stuff to go well for nz, so I hope it does. Weather does not look to be playing ball
Old Apr 6th 2014, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

I'd be more than happy to go along somewhere local(ish) to give them a wave and a friendly smile. I believe they are guests of NZ and should be treated as such.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Is the British tax payer paying for this or are the Kiwis paying for it?

Loved the wind up to the papers some Maori bloke did.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:00 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Wellington Airport was fogged in this morning, I wonder if that will affect the flight Kate, William and George are on. They're travelling from Sydney to the military terminal of Wellington Airport on an RNZAF flight. Fog is still fog though.

The flight my husband was on from Wanganui to Wellington this morning had to land at Paraparaumu airport because of the fog at Wellington airport. He had to get the train into Wellington from Paraparam instead.

Commuting to the capital in the Monday morning rush hour......he says it bought back memories of commuting to London !!

The last time I got my flags out to be a flag waving brit was when Charles and Camilla turned up in Feilding in the Manawatu in 2012 as I was working in Feilding at the time.

11am news bulletin has just remarked on the widespread disruption that the fog at Wellington airport has caused. William, Kate and baby George we due to arrive at midday. Well, I'm guessing they might not have left Sydney yet !

Last edited by Snap Shot; Apr 6th 2014 at 11:05 pm. Reason: flags
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:19 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

I was offered a seat on their plane when returning home but I declined. Couldn't handle all of the fuss etc.

I hope they enjoy their tour of NZ. And I hope those of you who turn out with your flags and tiara's on at least get a royal wave.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

It's a shame they're here on a Monday, I would have taken my boy to see them down Latimer Square had it fallen on a Saturday or a Sunday. Never mind, they can look forward to it taking 2 hours to get from the airport to Latimer Square. I think they're doing the Air Force museum which I hope they put George in the air simulator (on Wills or Kates lap of course).

It's a shame New Zealand has to host Daily Mail reporters and Nicholas send you to sleep Witchell for 10 days. There's always one disadvantage of having the royals in New Zealand.

Nice to see they've bought the weather with them!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:07 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

shame she hasn't taken her MIL advice and weighted her hem lines

sits back and wait for the boys to say what a party pooper I am
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
shame she hasn't taken her MIL advice and weighted her hem lines

sits back and wait for the boys to say what a party pooper I am
I don't think anything short of rocks in her hems could hold the skirts/dresses down in the Wellington wind!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I was just looking at the pics on the Herald website and realised I had not even seen the baby since the media frenzy at the hospital door last year.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Funny, I was just looking at the pics on the Herald website and realised I had not even seen the baby since the media frenzy at the hospital door last year.
That's because they have kept him well hidden away from the media (apart from the photo at the window recently!)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Are they coming my way. I have never, ever really done the fame thing for anyone but I would like to see the new generation.

I would love to see the Queen and I deeply regret not taking my old Dad to see the Queen Mother's 'Laying In State' which special name escapes me. He was poorly but in retrospect it would have been so very much the repaying a respect he felt for her due to war times and he never , ever felt this easily. Not ever in his life.
I will always wish we made that drive to see the Queen Mother in State after a night drive. My lovely old Dad could have done that and paid his respects.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Tour Dates

•April 7 - Wellington: Arrive to ceremonial welcome.
•April 8 - Rest.
•April 9 - Wellington: Meet parents and their babies at Government House, hopefully with George.
•April 10 - Blenheim: Events to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War.
•Wellington: State Reception where William will unveil a portrait of the Queen.
•April 11 - Auckland: Meet serving air force personnel and their families. Race each other across Auckland Harbour in Team New Zealand Americas Cup yachts. Ride on a Sealegs craft.
•April 12 - Waikato: William views an aircraft factory while Kate goes to a children’s hospice. Both travel through Hamilton town centre and meet Olympic athletes and open the new velodrome.
•April 13 - Dunedin (Travel away from George for one night): Maori tribal welcome, visit cathedral then watch and participate in a Rippa Rugby tournament - non contact rugby.
•Queenstown: Wine tasting, travel on the Shotover Jet - 50mph white water ride.
•April 14 - Christchurch: Ceremony for those who died in 2011 earthquake. Watch a 2015 Cricket World Cup event, later visit air force museum and memorial wall.
•April 15 - Rest.
•April 16 - Wellington: Visit a police training college, sign the city’s visitor book then depart.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That's a no then. Poo!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:18 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

BJ, are you sure you've got that right for the 12th?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.