Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

William and Kate's 2014 Royal Tour

William and Kate's 2014 Royal Tour

Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: William and Kate's 2014 Royal Tour

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
BJ, are you sure you've got that right for the 12th?
Dunno, unless there been a change of plan that they didn't tell me about?

On Saturday, April 12 the royal couple will visit Hamilton and Cambridge, taking in Pacific Aerospace, as well as opening the Avantidome. The best spot will be during their public walk and drive in Cambridge.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=11229590
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:18 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yep seems to be correct

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...see-the-royals
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:33 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, you had them visiting hams but they are not really in public there - all the fuss is in Camb. It's going to be a nightmare to get my saturday coffee.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 10:38 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Got the royals here in Marlborough today.

My eldest is getting to see them at the local Air Force base, she is right excited! Bless her.

She can't wait to meet princesess "cake". Got to love that Kiwi accent!
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:09 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite happy to see them over here, since they are going to be our head of state (two of them probably). I don't even mind all the pics in the paper and TV. What I can't stand is the sycophantic cliche ridden commentary from the reporters. I can see some of the news readers cringing too. These are just people who happen to rank higher in society - no need for all the fawning drivel on our TV screens. Sorry if that offends - I've got no problem with people who like the royals, it's just the commentary I can't stand.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice

We went to Blenheim more as an excuse to sample the atmosphere of an event than the actual "event" itself. Got a few photos n' all that.. Was worth the trip. Blenheim lacks any endearing properties though cant see us making a speedy return.

Had a decent lunch at the Mussel Pot in Havelock on the way back - would recommend.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 11:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jmh
I'm quite happy to see them over here, since they are going to be our head of state (two of them probably). I don't even mind all the pics in the paper and TV. What I can't stand is the sycophantic cliche ridden commentary from the reporters. I can see some of the news readers cringing too. These are just people who happen to rank higher in society - no need for all the fawning drivel on our TV screens. Sorry if that offends - I've got no problem with people who like the royals, it's just the commentary I can't stand.
I hear ya & I am in favour of a royal family. The commentary can be very cringeworthy. I feel the same over the any ABs commentary for games , individuals etc. Curls my toes.

Both way OTT .
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

We travelled all the way to NZ from UK to see them

We hadn't even realised they were visiting but we were in Hamilton and cambridge and saw all the lovely preparations. Cambridge looked really smart. the funny bit was being stopped on the street by the local reporter to ask what we thought of the visit. We resisted the urge to say we felt it quaint of the royals to visit the colonies

The really funny bit though was me driving down H1 early one morning with Mr Hazelnut in the passenger seat. I tell him there's a whole convoy of motorbikes coming and they must be an older bike fan club with safety issues in mind as they're all wearing fluro jackets.... I can be a bit slow at times.

As the bikes slowly overtake us Mr H says they're all police people. They are closely followed by 2-3 cars and then a 4x4 with William and Kate in it! I waved We didn't see much and I was concentrating on driving when approaching roadworks whilst alongside royalty and with the media mob in hot pursuit but it was a good laugh.

It made for entertainment to text friend and say we were going to be late to meet up as we'd been driving along with William and Kate. Honestly you fly 12,000 miles and are held up by fellow UK holidaymakers.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
We travelled all the way to NZ from UK to see them
They clearly knew you were coming.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:13 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gazmac
We went to Blenheim more as an excuse to sample the atmosphere of an event than the actual "event" itself. Got a few photos n' all that.. Was worth the trip. Blenheim lacks any endearing properties though cant see us making a speedy return.

Had a decent lunch at the Mussel Pot in Havelock on the way back - would recommend.
Havelock you say

I think I may make a visit back to the river café there.

We had some very flavoursome mussels from there. Cheese and ham, sweet chilli, you could have either 6, 12 or 24. Had the stomach been keen, I would have requested 48.

Washed down with a fine bottle of Penfolds shiraz as well

Lovely little town Havelock.