Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Old Jul 1st 2013, 1:49 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Ah .... I see

Anyways....while I'm here I'll just have a slurp it's winter there, right? Hope you're all keeping wrapped up
Old Jul 8th 2013, 2:22 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Where's everybody? No one to drink with
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Where's everybody? No one to drink with
I'll have a drink with you. We're back after out 'little' jaunt round Lake Michigan finishing with two days in Chicago. Cue lots of unfunny comments about me being an old dinosaur [the museum's T Rex has the same name as me] It seems the main reason for going there was to attempt to wind me up...men!!! It didn't work

Bottle of merlot please!
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:32 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone

Bottle of merlot please!
A girl after my own heart. I knew there was a reason I liked you soooo much
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone
I'll have a drink with you.
Thanks Persey. I'll have some NZ snacks too

When are you due back down under then?

Very strangely.....coincidentally....managed to pick up a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc in Tesco Penang at a half decent price, which is very unusual indeed. Mmmm wonder what's wrong with it and about to have a glass of it. I am positively dribbling in anticipation.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 4:03 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
A girl after my own heart. I knew there was a reason I liked you soooo much
Awww thanks!
I'll even buy you your own bottle for that! Landlord, a bottle of Merlot for Sue
and not that special stuff that's reserved for me

Thanks Persey. I'll have some NZ snacks too

When are you due back down under then?

Very strangely.....coincidentally....managed to pick up a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc in Tesco Penang at a half decent price, which is very unusual indeed. Mmmm wonder what's wrong with it and about to have a glass of it. I am positively dribbling in anticipation.
Thanks Beany!
I'll bring Grain Waves for everyone then You can't have anything else with that NZ Sav. If you're at all unsure about trying it then send it to me and I'll 'test' it for you...
Old Jul 10th 2013, 1:51 pm

Have to say the wine (the real thing) is seriously nice and quite a rare treat to find something so gluggable here. I'm heading off to Tesco tomorrow and see if I can find a few more bottles
Old Jul 10th 2013, 2:01 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say the wine (the real thing) is seriously nice and quite a rare treat to find something so gluggable here. I'm heading off to Tesco tomorrow and see if I can find a few more bottles
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Good to hear! What was it called? Not that I have a chance of finding any here but maybe for when I return
Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:43 pm

Fat Bird Sauvignon Blanc. Was a 2012.

It may well be that you get far better than this in NZ but, for me, this bottle was vastly superior to the stuff I usually drink. Quite a treat. Haven't found any more yet but I'll keep looking.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 5:06 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Fat Bird Sauvignon Blanc. Was a 2012.

It may well be that you get far better than this in NZ but, for me, this bottle was vastly superior to the stuff I usually drink. Quite a treat. Haven't found any more yet but I'll keep looking.
Well that's a name I'll remember Feel like I'm turning into one over here, what with me not working and having nowhere to go. It's either too hot or too cold to spend any time outside The inbetween time was stormy and rainy-can't win!
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you serve free "sober driver" drinks like my local club?

If so, I'll have a Guiness please.

Pete
Old Jul 12th 2013, 1:38 pm

Hi Pete . This is a free and virtual pub so have a bucketful .....be my guest . Would you like any nibbles?

I'll have a couple of as its the weekend.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 3:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by kiwigeordie
Do you serve free "sober driver" drinks like my local club?

If so, I'll have a Guiness please.

Pete
Hi Pete, good to see a new face in the bar

You can have whatever you want in whatever drinking vessel you want. The dustbin is always a good choice for beer drinkers. Us wine fiends tend to find that a little bit too much to cope with And I still remember the old days of the original Kiwi Bar where AL's IV Bollinger delivery system was always ready by the bar. We can probably dig it out and dust it down if you prefer your Guinness via the intravenous route...

Enjoy
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:29 pm

Where's the Barman? I've been waiting for ages here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.