Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:00 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

I feel very honoured that I have been asked to open this bar!
Many thanks to all those who voted for my suggestion and I will buy you all a drink when you pop in

Lets see if we can keep this one clean and tidy, I've heard that we actually have someone willing to do the cleaning and glass washing. The last one that applied for a job in the Kiwi Bar didn't even stay for an interview once they saw the drunken clientele, the mouldy toilets and the beer, peanut and vomit encrusted carpets. [The barman was too drunk to get an interview done in the few minutes it took her to unstick from the floor]. But, I reminisce, onwards and upwards and onto better things. I will be sipping cocktails elegantly from now on rather than drinking from my usual bottle of cheap Merlot

And I hope that everyone will behave with complete decorum and restraint at all times in future

I DECLARE THAT THE WETA YOUR WHISTLE IS FINALLY OPEN, GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO DRINK IN HER!!

Champers all round! Hope to see you all soon P
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:33 pm
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all
Default Re: "Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

A bit of rock on the jukebox and I'll have a jack and diet thanks. It's the weekend!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Gud day

Sell any Ozzie beer?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I'm celebrating my 5 year anniversary of arriving in NZ and my daughter's engagement so drinks are on me for this round.

Cheers everyone, bottoms up, kampai, lechayim, salute, cin cin, etc.....

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Pint of Tia Maria and coke please.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:21 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks Persephone for doing the honours.

Bit early for me yet. Back later.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit early for me too... but you can have a bucket of Cab Sav ready for me to glug tonight, as it's the weekend.

I note that some decorum is required. Is there a dress code in here? Can I wear my big floppy t-shirt and gold lame knickers? Or do I need to dress up?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 12:57 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ready for the Cab Sav now Mr Barman if you can stop wiping them glasses. A little service would be nice. Ta
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:05 pm
NZ wannabe

Synky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to allSynky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I'm celebrating my 5 year anniversary of arriving in NZ and my daughter's engagement so drinks are on me for this round.

Ooh I'll drink to that! Shots of tequila, salt and lime please!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:10 am

Tequila? Now you're talking.

It's not very exciting in here on a Sunday night, is it. They should get a band in and liven the place up. And that Barman is something else. Does he ever stop wiping glasses?
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 11:06 pm
NZ wannabe

Or some stand up? To laugh with or at!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Gud day

Sell any Ozzie beer?
This bar sells whatever you like. Good to see you NG!
Originally Posted by cappuccino

Excellent news. Many congratulations to you and your daughter!. All the best and I'll have a glass of bubbly thanks
Originally Posted by RobDon
Pint of Tia Maria and coke please.
It was only a matter of time before standards dropped Really, a pint of Tia!
Originally Posted by bakedbean
It's a bit early for me too... but you can have a bucket of Cab Sav ready for me to glug tonight, as it's the weekend.

I note that some decorum is required. Is there a dress code in here? Can I wear my big floppy t-shirt and gold lame knickers? Or do I need to dress up?
Gold lame is always classy, keep it up
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:01 am

CHEERS

Where's everybody? Have you all gone teetotal?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I expect they'll all be out enjoying the Waitangi Day celebrations.

No doubt they'll all have been out on the juice all afternoon at the local hangi, and are now out on the town doing impromtu hakas and hongis with the locals.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:50 am

Ah I see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.