Vehicle licencing

Old Nov 28th 2017, 2:35 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Vehicle licencing

Well my poor old Zafira has given up with, the gear box exploding on me.
I have spoken to NZTA, as the car is rego'ed until July 2018, but they say I cannot get a refund for it unless the insurance company pays me out for the car.

I thought in the UK you can get a refund on any months left on road tax but here it seems I have to deregister the car and take the plates into a registered agent.

Does anyone know if this is right or am I explaining it wrong or do I just loss the 8 months for the registration?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 5:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vehicle licencing

Sorry to hear about your old motor but think about all the good times you had with her .

If I recall correctly you bring the plates in and tell them you are de-registering the car and they credit some road tax money back to you. You have to be the owner obviously, can't just go round taking peoples plates and collecting the tax refund .
Old Nov 28th 2017, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/li...-registration/

You have to deregister to get a refund.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a bit of a jip
You'd think putting it on hold would get you something back
Old Nov 28th 2017, 8:22 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Seems a bit of a jip
You'd think putting it on hold would get you something back
apparently you can only put it on hold once it has expired but that won't help me has I have 8 months left on it.

can't get rid of it until insurance decides if they are going to give me any money for it.