Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK Shops Delivering To NZ

UK Shops Delivering To NZ

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Phlegm Jar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Shops Delivering To NZ

Has anyone had any issues importing food parcels from back home or from other ex-pat sites offshore? There's a few sites on <<<snip>>> that Ship to New Zealand[/url] that I want to get stuff from but I'm reluctant as I don't know enough about the import rules. I read their import guide and I'm fairly confident there won't be any issues, but even so...?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 23rd 2015 at 11:46 pm. Reason: Link removed as it looks a little spammy
Old Jun 11th 2015, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Icaruscat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
I am so relieved that M&S deliver....I had visions of rubbish underwear for the rest of my life
Yeah not half.. but ... I found some pretty good stuff at Dress smart ( short train journey from Auckland Britomart) a myriad of outlet stores, I felt it was worth it.

Or but I don't know how prices compare, Ezibuy NZ catalogue ( post and online) stocks Next clothing. The have regular flyers with sales as a well
Old Sep 5th 2016, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Any new updates on online uk shopping sites I should be having a look at. Where the stock actually comes from the UK and of the same UK quality. I've noticed a lot of UK stores now ship their stock from warehouses not in the UK and therefore not the same quality as their UK counterparts. IYKWIM.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 10:50 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSky
Any new updates on online uk shopping sites I should be having a look at. Where the stock actually comes from the UK and of the same UK quality. I've noticed a lot of UK stores now ship their stock from warehouses not in the UK and therefore not the same quality as their UK counterparts. IYKWIM.
You mean China and the other Asian manufacturers that supply the World send different qualities of product to different countries.... Just use Youshop for USA, UK or better still cut out the middle man and buy direct from Youshop PRC...
Old Sep 5th 2016, 11:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
You mean China and the other Asian manufacturers that supply the World send different qualities of product to different countries
True.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 5:39 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
True.
Must have a downer on M&S clothing at the moment then...

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35251415

Last edited by Stormer999; Sep 6th 2016 at 5:46 am.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 5:49 am
`

Must have a downer on M&S clothing at the moment then...

M&S fashion: Why does it miss the mark? - BBC News
No idea. I have never bought clothes on-line from M&S.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

You mean China and the other Asian manufacturers that supply the World send different qualities of product to different countries.... Just use Youshop for USA, UK or better still cut out the middle man and buy direct from Youshop PRC...
I'm not following .. confused.

I just wondered if there were any new sites out there that folk had found that I hadn't heard of yet.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

What's Youshop?
Old Sep 6th 2016, 6:41 pm

What's Youshop?

https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/yoush...Ch8aAgoD8P8HAQ

Official NZ service run by post NZ that appreciates a lot of suppliers, manufacturers, retailers etc do not post to NZ due to it's small population so they give you an address in either USA,UK,PRC where you send the article to. When it arrives there you get an email message where you pay postage to NZ at a good rate and Youshop send it to you We use it for stuff we cannot source in NZ.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah ok, thanks for that.
Isn't it more expensive than getting it from the actual supplier though. what kind of things do you buy through it, are they just things you kind of yearn for that are familiar from your homeland or do you think it saves you money compared to like for like products over here in NZ?
Old Sep 9th 2016, 3:53 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

If you want some decent casual clothes by Ripcurl, Billabong, Quiksilver etc then check out Surf Dome:

https://www.surfdome.com/

Go straight to the sale section at the top - cheap as chips! We had free international delivery on anything over 50GBP last time we shopped a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:35 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I heard recently that there are different grades of Chinese-made clothing. UK gets A grade whereas NZ gets C grade, which kinda explains a lot. I was in a boutique in NZ a while back and she said they do buying trips to Australia to get the better quality. I could tell by the feel that the fabrics were better.

Just placed an order with M&S for some undies, a bra and shoes - hope it's their usual. Gotta say, when I left in 2011 I felt that quality had already dropped there so not sure if that was a trend.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 1:28 am
`

Originally Posted by jmh
I heard recently that there are different grades of Chinese-made clothing. UK gets A grade whereas NZ gets C grade, which kinda explains a lot.
Yes. Exactly that. Perhaps that is about buying power & perhaps that is about what the end user is prepared to pay.

My M&S sheets were ace. Exactly as expected. Great value and the price was all in. Nothing to pay this end.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 2:07 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

M&S (along with some other well known brands) have been in the spotlight lately, not in a good way. From reading the article it looks like a lot of the companies were non the wiser as to what was actually happening and are trying to do something about it:

Refugee children 'making Marks & Spencer clothes' in Turkish factories, BBC claims | The Independent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.