Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

UK Shops Delivering To NZ

UK Shops Delivering To NZ

Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Shops Delivering To NZ

Originally Posted by Tray
rofl:Yes,M&S do make exceedingly good underwaer! if you like your Lingerie Bravissimo and Fig leaves also deliver to NZ
I think if your order is small then it's fine,as my M&S order came in August too and I was ok.Also just had a cuople of e-books arrive from uk amazon and we were ok there too which is strange as it was over 400 maybe it was because they were giftsTray
Yes, i ordered about £160 worth of Boden stuff and had to pay around £60 in gst. Apparently if your order is less than $100 worth you are less likely to get charged.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

NZdreamz is just really niceNZdreamz is just really niceNZdreamz is just really niceNZdreamz is just really niceNZdreamz is just really niceNZdreamz is just really niceNZdreamz is just really niceNZdreamz is just really nice

Just a thought...how would you stand I wonder if you were sent the stuff as 'gifts'?? i.e. order to a friend/relatives address in uk and get them to post em to you in NZ?? Would you be charged then?
Old Oct 6th 2010, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lily77cat
but dont you have to be a bit careful about import taxes and gst??
checkout
http://www.consumer.org.nz/news/view...ransaction-fee
for clothes of $250 you would end up paying $100 in tax and import
so is it worth it???
I send it to a family member then they post it to me I have even had M & S deliver never paid gst to date
Old Oct 26th 2010, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Pagan is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have just come unstuck with the GST hammer - I have made several orders from good old M & S over the past couple of years all came through no problem, - till this last order - $132.68 including import duty, GST, import transaction, GST on import transaction, Biosecurity levy and GST on Biosecurity levy!

I spoke to customs and they said you have keep the possible GST level under $60 for them not to claim payment from you. He gave me a guide of how to work it out but it was complicated to say the least

Last edited by Pagan; Oct 26th 2010 at 10:01 am.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

Pagan - can you share this - might be useful for my next spree
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes!! I've just gone on an online spending frenzy! There are some great online offers/discounts on at the moment. Will be interesting to see how much I get clobbered for with the new duties to pay here.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I was just wondering....

If the items are discounted by the retailer (ie via a voucher code or special offer etc) do they declare the full price or the actual price you pay on the customs label?

How do customs collect the payment? Is the parcel held at the local Post Shop rather than being delivered directly to the address on the label?

My new purchases have been dispatched, I'm so excited

Last edited by cappuccino; Oct 28th 2010 at 10:03 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Pagan is an unknown quantity at this point

They generally put the price you have paid on the documents shipped with the purchase.

If you have to pay GST etc I assume the same will happen as with my parcel - it was held and then I received the letter from Customs to say I owed them money which I paid over the phone and my parcel arrived next day.

Fingers crossed your slips through.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm such a happy bunny today - my first UK parcel arrived with my new winter boots which fit me perfectly

I didn't have to pay any customs duty either
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dubstar
Hi All,

Just a word of warning, I put in a 200 quid order to M&S with a delivery date of 8 august, it hadnt turned up by the 18 so i emailed them, they traced my parcel to Auckland customs, 5 days later i got a bill from customs for $156 or I wont get my parcel
I have been ok with what I have had from the UK!! to date not paid any GST in NZ.
Would like to add in M&S on customer service desk None living, None paying GST visitors to the UK, could get gst refund. One would ask should we be paying the GST from the UK
Old Dec 5th 2010, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pagan
I too have just come unstuck with the GST hammer - I have made several orders from good old M & S over the past couple of years all came through no problem, - till this last order - $132.68 including import duty, GST, import transaction, GST on import transaction, Biosecurity levy and GST on Biosecurity levy!

I spoke to customs and they said you have keep the possible GST level under $60 for them not to claim payment from you. He gave me a guide of how to work it out but it was complicated to say the least
Why didn't you send to relly in UK and ask said relly tosend to you and put gift on that way you could avoid taxes methinks!!! Unless someone knows different!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered stuff from Amazon UK to send to rellies in Spain which they have had and also Amazon.Com for rellies in USA which they have had, works out way better than sending stuff from here to there! I have also ordered stuff for myself from Amazon got it sent to said relly in UK and they are bringing it out with them next week! In future I am gonna send stuff to my daughter in the UK postage free from Amazon and she will forward it on to me as a gift!!!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
I have been ok with what I have had from the UK!! to date not paid any GST in NZ.
Would like to add in M&S on customer service desk None living, None paying GST visitors to the UK, could get gst refund. One would ask should we be paying the GST from the UK
The items you order from the UK should not have the vat attached to them, M & S for example should have removed that tax from the listed price, as in the UK VAT has to be built into the price you see on the screen. If M&S are exporting something they ought to remove the vat. Are they not doing this????
Not so in the USA where State taxes are added on at the checkout [not for international deliveries though]
Then of course customs may stop your parcel this end, depending on what the sender declares it as [gift or merchandise] and your parcel will attract gst [15%] and 10% duty this end. The 10% duty is not on all items but on most. You also will have to pay gst on the cost of the freight. Thats if you get caught!!
A lot of this 'getting caught' seems to be down to luck though.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by janek
The items you order from the UK should not have the vat attached to them, M & S for example should have removed that tax from the listed price, as in the UK VAT has to be built into the price you see on the screen. If M&S are exporting something they ought to remove the vat. Are they not doing this????
Not so in the USA where State taxes are added on at the checkout [not for international deliveries though]
Then of course customs may stop your parcel this end, depending on what the sender declares it as [gift or merchandise] and your parcel will attract gst [15%] and 10% duty this end. The 10% duty is not on all items but on most. You also will have to pay gst on the cost of the freight. Thats if you get caught!!
A lot of this 'getting caught' seems to be down to luck though.
M&S don't deduct VAT. Actually they do but then they charge a service fee which equates the value of VAT so in effect you are paying the same price.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

selondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really nice

The book depository deliver out here free of charge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.