Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things NZ has never heard of

Things NZ has never heard of

Old Jun 2nd 2016, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things NZ has never heard of

If I had my way I would run my whole life online and have been booking travel / shopping and all sorts since 1990 something but is NZ is still half a world away from the full gambit of interwebby things - Coundown only just this week announce 'click and collect'. Like hello, what year is this?

The last time I tried Kiwi style 'click and collect' was at Max clothes shop and they never managed to figure out the collect part of the deal. New World are just waking up from a 20 year slumber and trialling online shopping at two stores in Wellington. LOL maybe they are afraid that it might not catch on or someone might break the internet.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Norman Conquest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
If I had my way I would run my whole life online and have been booking travel / shopping and all sorts since 1990 something but is NZ is still half a world away from the full gambit of interwebby things - Coundown only just this week announce 'click and collect'. Like hello, what year is this?

The last time I tried Kiwi style 'click and collect' was at Max clothes shop and they never managed to figure out the collect part of the deal. New World are just waking up from a 20 year slumber and trialling online shopping at two stores in Wellington. LOL maybe they are afraid that it might not catch on or someone might break the internet.
h, I would much rather go to the supermarket. I can't get enough of the fat women and chaotic kids
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norman Conquest
h, I would much rather go to the supermarket. I can't get enough of the fat women and chaotic kids

LOL there'll be no shortage of those. On Saturday I caught the eye of a 'lady' who was giggling and laughing away to herself whilst looking through a rack of clothes; she turned to me and said 'Ooh don't mind me, I'm laughing cos those kids that are screaming and running amok over there are mine; at least they're not bothering me.'

I go to Pak n Save to save on medical bills - you can't beat a blast of eau de stinky armpits to clear the sinuses.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 1:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
YES, this! I've never understood it. Same here in OZ. I wonder if it's just that our Antipodean friends are less feckless than us Brits and can be trusted to run the bath/ sink without forgetting?
We don't have them in our place either. Seems very hit or miss over here if a sink/bath does.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 6:35 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you have a unit fitted with overflow the chances of drainage through it keeping up with modern mains flow fills is pretty low, so not too much use.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Decent shops . Currently in Strasbourg and I'm blown away by the shopping. Food and fashion, I'm in heaven. Has convinced me all the more that NZ just ain't my sort of place.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:49 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Decent shops . Currently in Strasbourg and I'm blown away by the shopping. Food and fashion, I'm in heaven. Has convinced me all the more that NZ just ain't my sort of place.
Nah...you can't live in a shopping Mall Cracking weather back here big blue skies after chilly starts shining off the fresh falls on the Southern Alps. Get your gum boots ready for Paris it's had a fair drop they are closing the Louvre...
France floods: Louvre to close as Seine rises further - BBC News
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Nah...you can't live in a shopping Mall Cracking weather back here big blue skies after chilly starts shining off the fresh falls on the Southern Alps. Get your gum boots ready for Paris it's had a fair drop they are closing the Louvre...
France floods: Louvre to close as Seine rises further - BBC News
Not a shopping mall, lots of gorgeous streets with fabulous architecture, history, artistry, great food and beautiful items for sale.
Had fun in the snow on the Jungfraujoch, so had my fix for a few years now. I just love Europe and feel at home here. Sorry Stormer, I have fallen out of love with NZ.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Not a shopping mall, lots of gorgeous streets with fabulous architecture, history, artistry, great food and beautiful items for sale.
Had fun in the snow on the Jungfraujoch, so had my fix for a few years now. I just love Europe and feel at home here. Sorry Stormer, I have fallen out of love with NZ.
I loved Strasbourg but not Europe. really liked Nuremberg and could have settled in Brno. Hated Vienna, Rome and Prague as they were just set up as tourist traps and had no appeal, however in all of them I could not speak the language Funnily enough where you tend to find history you also find class distinction and that I do dislike...enjoy
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:54 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, NZ's not the place to come if shopping is important to you.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by jmh
In fairness, NZ's not the place to come if shopping is important to you.
Men go shopping when their wives are bored and they have not earned enough brownie points to go fishing...........

Wherever I go in the World all of the clothes are made in one of two countries........
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:15 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Men go shopping when their wives are bored and they have not earned enough brownie points to go fishing...........
This wife hates shopping. My husband rather enjoys it.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
This wife hates shopping. My husband rather enjoys it.
Perhaps he pretends to enjoy it because you hate it....like my wife does to me....
Old Jun 9th 2016, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Try to contain yourselves folks, it's really happening, this new fangled fancy pants idea of shopping on the interweb is starting to gain some traction.

CONFIRMED: Kmart just announced an online NZ store! - Scandal Display - Scandal - News - The Edge
Old Jun 9th 2016, 9:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Things NZ has never heard of

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Try to contain yourselves folks, it's really happening, this new fangled fancy pants idea of shopping on the interweb is starting to gain some traction.
...and in other news, in order to register for the online shopping, print off this application form and fax it to.........

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.