Scorching !

Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scorching !

Auckland has a different type of summer scorchio. To me, 25 here feels like about a London 30. Even the Aussies say the same. Its the humidity. I break into a sweat just hanging out the washing like a good Pakuranga housewife of late, and thats not really a good thing. Last evenings weather was exciting. While the Westies had a torrential downpour, the South east got none of it and it looked like Waiheke was bathing in sunshine. Thats Auckland weather in a nutshell. The other thing I think is the summer heat tends to linger overnight more in Auckland.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 11:46 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethwm
Auckland has a different type of summer scorchio. To me, 25 here feels like about a London 30. Even the Aussies say the same. Its the humidity. I break into a sweat just hanging out the washing like a good Pakuranga housewife of late, and thats not really a good thing. Last evenings weather was exciting. While the Westies had a torrential downpour, the South east got none of it and it looked like Waiheke was bathing in sunshine. Thats Auckland weather in a nutshell. The other thing I think is the summer heat tends to linger overnight more in Auckland.
I agree - the humidity is very high at the moment and that makes 24 dec C pretty unbearable. I've done 30+ dec C in a dry climate and it's comfortable for me. We got heavy rain in the South last night which cooled the air for a bit. I go to Waiheke regularly and they often miss the rain which is as pity as there is no mains water supply so people are desperate to get their tanks filled (if they don't have a bore which most don't)
Old Nov 19th 2016, 5:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Right-oh.

We've had our first scorching afternoon.

Was scorching.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Right-oh.

We've had our first scorching afternoon.

Was scorching.
Was well Scorchio here too
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Concur. Fairly scorch-some. Finally.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping today is the start of many more to come it's been a bit fresh of late and whilst we heard rumours that some parts of the country were basking in the high 20s of scorch Saturday, we were still very much in Winter mode with plenty of wind chill factor.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 5:16 am
`

It is 'ot.

Good news is that we had saved a bit of $$ so bought a parapool.

Bad news is that no-one is available to level some ground safely until after Christmas.

Oh well. Think we might wing it.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news is that no-one is available to level some ground safely until after Christmas.

Don't!!
You will thank yourself for waiting to get your ground level first... Is NO-ONE available? We had about 50sqm levelled the other day (only down 50cm and deposit on other side where I'd built a low retaining wall) and it only took a couple of hours?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

It is 'ot.

Awesome! .. now I have pool envy.
I keep toying with the idea of splurging on one of those big ones from the warehouse but I think it would drain our tank immediately.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 7:46 am
`

Originally Posted by bearskin
Don't!!
You will thank yourself for waiting to get your ground level first... Is NO-ONE available? We had about 50sqm levelled the other day (only down 50cm and deposit on other side where I'd built a low retaining wall) and it only took a couple of hours?
Originally Posted by SSky
Awesome! .. now I have pool envy.
I keep toying with the idea of splurging on one of those big ones from the warehouse but I think it would drain our tank immediately.
It would drain our tanks too but we would pay to have the water tankered in.

I had the money saved for MrBEVS to go see his Mum and stay again to give respite care for several weeks but that is no longer needed so this is his choice with that money.

OK. I won't wing it BUT we have to level some ground & it would need a retainer . EErrrmmm
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

It is 'ot.

What's a parapool? Does it fly?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 9:05 pm
`

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
What's a parapool? Does it fly?
This
Our neighbour bought one for his kids last year and it taunted us all summer.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bargain!!
Old Nov 24th 2016, 12:54 am
`

Originally Posted by bearskin
Bargain!!
Yis!

Just need to level one area of the section. Otherwise himself will sit in the pool in its box.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

It would drain our tanks too but we would pay to have the water tankered in.

I had the money saved for MrBEVS to go see his Mum and stay again to give respite care for several weeks but that is no longer needed so this is his choice with that money.

OK. I won't wing it BUT we have to level some ground & it would need a retainer . EErrrmmm
We bought a big blow up affair when we were at Ashley and just turned the tap on and filled it, it never occurred to us that we wouldn't have any water for a day after. Lol we'd only been in NZ for a year so we were still learning.
Cleaning them and also keeping them safe from bugs growing in the water puts me off a bit .. do you put in loads of chlorine or saturate with bags of salt.
Friends of ours have spa pools which I've always hated, they just seem like big baths that they want to inflict on you and make you bathe communally with them .. yuck! All that shared water washing around you and their bits ... nope, nope, no thank you!

Last edited by SSky; Nov 24th 2016 at 4:47 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.