The Rant Thread

Old Jan 13th 2013, 1:23 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rant Thread

Mrs F I can sympathise. I have problems withmy iPod. My fingers are too big. Why didnt they think of this uuurgghhh
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Tom1983 . That was a quality rant.
Just picked up on this thread. Well worth it for Tom1983's post, which I agree 100% on. If I'm right, the limit it in the UK is less than half of the NZ limit. Perhaps the limit should just be zero and be done with?

Too totalitarian?

Public opinion on drink driving in NZ is like the attitude in the UK in the 80's, according to my ex-publican parents.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:54 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Mrs F I can sympathise. I have problems withmy iPod. My fingers are too big. Why didnt they think of this uuurgghhh
agree, after the dog attacking the lappy and phone decided I didn't really need a full blown bigger than your palm android so turned down the offer of a Galaxy and took some money and got a cheaper Gio. Really shouldn't as the Gio is half the size and didn't really think about screen and keyboard size.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Can you post here if you are the victim of a deranged rantee?
Yes. This is the rant thread .

How wonderful it is to awake to the sound of someone else's domestic ding dong at 4 a.m. in the morning.
Lowlife, drunken, dope smoking, scumbags.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:02 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

That's a strange time to have a ding dong.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:07 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
That's a strange time to have a ding dong.
Regrettably not. Oft was the time that a quiet night shift was disturbed by an early morning kick off. When they've been up all night on the piss, then the arguments start.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Right, I worry that i'll be nominated for Grumpy poster of the year award. I'm not a grumpy person but here comes another rant

Is it me or do Air New Zealand think that their marketing audience have the word MUG written on their forehead

Now on the 9th February, it's my 1st year anniversary so I thought how about looking at going somewhere. I always laugh at Air New Zealands flight offers but saw a one way to Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne going at a reasonable value. I decide to take a look at flights across the border around that weekend for a week or so.

Well Air New Zealand, I can say safely that your unbeatable offers that you keep ramming down our throats are the biggest bunch of fradulent rubbish I have ever seen. I presume your marketing staff must get so excited when you inform people that a ticket to Sydney is only $149 one way. No mention of course that your return flight cost will be at least 5 times the amount and that's seat only!

Are you on a campaign to get everyone out of the country?

I look at Virgin Australia who don't include prices in their adverts but they do mention where they fly to. I see Emirates always include return prices with there's and Jetstar are very consistent with their deals as they inform you that their flights are seat only and the one way prices are usually the same as the journey leg back. Yours though, well your business sense must be 'lets get everyone to fly with us and then fork out 3 weeks wages just to get home'. I hear that you generally get into financial difficulties. Well here's a solution to your financial trouble, stop taking people for granted dumb asses

Another airline that are advertising well are Hawaiian! They are doing packages for around the same price it costs to get a flight back from Brisbane with your company. Now lets think, 7 nights in Honolulu or take advantage of a deal to Brisbane but then fork out so much to get home.

Even people round the world can laugh at how you treat your natives with deals. I've seen that if I decide to fly back to England this year, it'll be cheaper for me to get a one way ticket with Emirates and then fly back paying GBP with Singapore and YOURSELVES than do your amzing skycouch deal or an economy flight return. I used to laugh at British rail a lot whenever I used their service. I presume your ticket seller is from British Rail - aka charge a rip off to get somewhere and see customers get cheaper deals breaking the price down.

Oh and one other thing, I was informed that your tickets for seat or seat + bag were unavailable for a flight last weekend. I was considering flying over to Sydney to see my pregnant cousin but was not prepared to pay $589 just to get back because your $349 seat never came on sale. You do know that this flight wasn't even half full. I checked because an employee I work with was on that flight and informed me. Why was your seat deals never on offer then. Any reason?

Rant Over!
Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:40 pm
`

Tiz so Tom1983.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:28 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

We need rain.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Right, I worry that i'll be nominated for Grumpy poster of the year award. I'm not a grumpy person but here comes another rant

Is it me or do Air New Zealand think that their marketing audience have the word MUG written on their forehead

It is indeed an incredibly expensive business getting off of the island once you're here. No wonder so many get a one way ticket out and forget to come back.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sporting injuries that stop me from being sporting and anyway whatsoever. In this case deep bruising of tissue where my left muffin top would be, across to my spine.

Argh!!!!!!!

Out of 10, 6 or 7 on the pain scale.

11 on the frustration scale. Walking around like an old man with chronic arthritis at the moment. Even coughing hurts.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:30 am
`

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Sporting injuries that stop me from being sporting and anyway whatsoever. In this case deep bruising of tissue where my left muffin top would be, across to my spine.

Argh!!!!!!!

Out of 10, 6 or 7 on the pain scale.

11 on the frustration scale. Walking around like an old man with chronic arthritis at the moment. Even coughing hurts.
I'm sure you'll manage love.
Mr BEVS has had to manage with this both here and there.
Toughen up.
Spoiler:
If you want to do this stuff then the mantra now is toughen up in this household, having had decades of this. Your choice. Get over it.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm sure you'll manage love.
Mr BEVS has had to manage with this both here and there.
Toughen up.
Spoiler:
If you want to do this stuff then the mantra now is toughen up in this household, having had decades of this. Your choice. Get over it.

That's why I'm posting it in the rant thread, I'll get the same message from my OH.

My real annoyance is that this particular injury means I can't cycle to work, which means I have to commute by bus and train, which mean I have fellow commuters coughing spluttering all over me.

Give me a bike and below freezing temperatures over ill commuters any day!!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:13 am
`

So true. Just like sitting in the doctor's surgery during a flu epidemic or next to an airline passenger with a profound nasal drip.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:04 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I think the term you are looking for is:

Go to Bunnings

Spoiler:
and get yourself of Harden Up

Someone said this to MrFychan the other week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.