The Rant Thread

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:14 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rant Thread

Originally Posted by mickey_d
A bit different to this
Yep, looks lovely.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:20 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickey_d
A bit different to this
Looks lovely and I agree with you, I've been to Napier for the NYE fireworks before and nothing like the drunken revellers around Britain!! I was being sarcastic about the report on Napier, they need a night out in any major city in the uk
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:22 pm

I am awake because of the bloody gale force wind and rain lashing outside!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I am awake because of the bloody gale force wind and rain lashing outside!
Same here, no rain but the wind is so strong!!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

+Rant+

For weeks there has been a stray cat annoying neighbours and worrying me & my puss by coming in to eat the cat food and sleeping over at night-times . The next door neighbour was so fed up he was going to box it and take it to the SPCA.
So, I crated the thing whilst looking after said neighbours house . Kept it secure, fed and watered in my sleep-out , where it bloody well bit me twice for no reason . I spent hours putting up posters.
This morning I was taking it to the, now open, vet to see if it could be ID, otherwise it was the SPCA.
Same time , the owner is located, by said moaning neighbour keen to take it to the SPCA, who the telephones me & then basically accuses me of abusing the cat by keeping it locked up for 4 days & if it bit me I must have done something to the cat.

Stupid owner can't see that if the cat is roaming that far , then it will end up hacking someone off big time .Sees nothing wrong with it being out all night , sleeping and feeding in other peoples houses & will not collar the thing so it can be easily ID'd.

I have a catflap that locks my cat in at night. An 'in' but not 'out' so if the bluddy thing is somewhere on the property it's stuck. I've got up to it in the early hours more than once.

Stupid owner insists on letting it out of the cage on her drive, instead of indoors to keep it in for the day/night and guess what ! It starts to follow me. !!

FFS

I am so steaming mad right now.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
+Rant+

For weeks there has been a stray cat annoying neighbours and worrying me & my puss by coming in to eat the cat food and sleeping over at night-times . The next door neighbour was so fed up he was going to box it and take it to the SPCA.
So, I crated the thing whilst looking after said neighbours house . Kept it secure, fed and watered in my sleep-out , where it bloody well bit me twice for no reason . I spent hours putting up posters.
This morning I was taking it to the, now open, vet to see if it could be ID, otherwise it was the SPCA.
Same time , the owner is located, by said moaning neighbour keen to take it to the SPCA, who the telephones me & then basically accuses me of abusing the cat by keeping it locked up for 4 days & if it bit me I must have done something to the cat.

Stupid owner can't see that if the cat is roaming that far , then it will end up hacking someone off big time .Sees nothing wrong with it being out all night , sleeping and feeding in other peoples houses & will not collar the thing so it can be easily ID'd.

I have a catflap that locks my cat in at night. An 'in' but not 'out' so if the bluddy thing is somewhere on the property it's stuck. I've got up to it in the early hours more than once.

Stupid owner insists on letting it out of the cage on her drive, instead of indoors to keep it in for the day/night and guess what ! It starts to follow me. !!

FFS

I am so steaming mad right now.
I don't know how you can stop a cat roaming so far, my cat comes and goes as she pleases and is often out most nights! She would meow and protest if I kept her in at night! Also I don't have a collar on her as she's come back without them and could get stuck somewhere and also the bell on collar never stopped her catching birds?? What do you suggest???

Hopefully she's not been annoying any neighbours
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:02 pm
`

It has. It's also been eating other animals ( cat/dog) food and sleeping in their houses overnight.
That in turn s upset one resident cat & so it wouldn't come into it's own home to it's own owner which was upsetting for both of them.
It was a gnats whisker from being dispensed with by one person. Another was going to take it to the SPCA.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:03 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how you can stop a cat roaming so far, my cat comes and goes as she pleases and is often out most nights! She would meow and protest if I kept her in at night! Also I don't have a collar on her as she's come back without them and could get stuck somewhere and also the bell on collar never stopped her catching birds?? What do you suggest???

+ + => Result ???

/ducks/
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:43 am

It has. It's also been eating other animals ( cat/dog) food and sleeping in their houses overnight.
That in turn s upset one resident cat & so it wouldn't come into it's own home to it's own owner which was upsetting for both of them.
It was a gnats whisker from being dispensed with by one person. Another was going to take it to the SPCA.
I meant if my cat was annoying neighbours
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:46 am

I'm glad I have lovely neighbours
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:58 am
`

A good collar allows the cats head to come out if the collar snags. Yeh. You lose it but better that than having no ID on the cat should it get lost or roam or be injured and, of course, if it's annoying other households on it's travels to the degree where they get fed up & want rid.
Not everyone would think about ID via a microchip and vets aren't always open.
A collar with ID info gives someone an easy way to contact the owner.

You have to put up with the hassle to train a cat that it won't be going out before dawn or after dusk. Yes. It will complain but in the end it will settle to just cosy on down as it loses the expectation that it will be out all night.

A bell won't necessarily stop a cat catching a bird. It helps though. Also, a cat does it's best hunting as the light fails and birds start to roost for the night. Many birds roost low level so are easy prey for cats out at night.
Keeping the cat in at night helps all birds.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:11 am

A good collar allows the cats head to come out if the collar snags. Yeh. You lose it but better that than having no ID on the cat should it get lost or roam or be injured and, of course, if it's annoying other households on it's travels to the degree where they get fed up & want rid.
Not everyone would think about ID via a microchip and vets aren't always open.
A collar with ID info gives someone an easy way to contact the owner.

You have to put up with the hassle to train a cat that it won't be going out before dawn or after dusk. Yes. It will complain but in the end it will settle to just cosy on down as it loses the expectation that it will be out all night.

A bell won't necessarily stop a cat catching a bird. It helps though. Also, a cat does it's best hunting as the light fails and birds start to roost for the night. Many birds roost low level so are easy prey for cats out at night.
Keeping the cat in at night helps all birds.
Ok will give it a try and start keeping her in at night and get her a collar again
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:31 am
`

Ok will give it a try and start keeping her in at night and get her a collar again
Bless your socks and more. It will be hard though. Very hard. She will want her own way for quite a while.

You know what. I am still so cross about this. That owner will not acknowledge, at all, that she could have lost her cat forever.

A few years back, a not so stray cat from only a few properties down from us was shot dead by an air rifle and flung on scrubland for repeatedly entering a house and eating a pet's food.

For heavens sake. Why would this woman risk this?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:55 am

Bless your socks and more. It will be hard though. Very hard. She will want her own way for quite a while.

You know what. I am still so cross about this. That owner will not acknowledge, at all, that she could have lost her cat forever.

A few years back, a not so stray cat from only a few properties down from us was shot dead by an air rifle and flung on scrubland for repeatedly entering a house and eating a pet's food.

For heavens sake. Why would this woman risk this?
What the??? We used to have a cat that came in at night while we we in bed and used to eat my cats food, we saw it a few times when we was up late and it was scared and run! What is wrong with people that shoot a pet though??? Seriously???

Luckily my neighbours are nice and like our cat, most of them are cat owners
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:19 am
`

We are not this cat's neighbours at all. It is roaming. What is wrong is that people get fed up and so get rid because it continues to happen over many weeks/months. They get fed up with spending money on food to another animal. They get fed up with the smell and the spraying and the fighting and that it stops their own pet from being with them That isn't how it is for me and my animal. My cat is trained & I am mindful a roaming cat may not be abandoned or stray - as with this cat and it's so-called lackadaisical owner - but it is how it is.

I suppose the motto is look after your animal with diligence & care to it and to others or you may lose it.

As so nearly happened in this case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.