Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I really REALLY want...

I really REALLY want...

Old May 2nd 2008, 12:28 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I really REALLY want...

Originally Posted by irnbru14
GREGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG now I want a macaroni pie!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
so what's for your lunch today?

I made sandwich for lunch- chicken, brie cheese, spring onion and cranberry sauce. dried crusty bread hurts my mouth

I am home today!
I miss the combo that you get back home of bacon, brie and cranberry...

Today I popped down to Tawa Bakery for a sandwich and the bestest bit of carrot cake
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the combo that you get back home of bacon, brie and cranberry...

Today I popped down to Tawa Bakery for a sandwich and the bestest bit of carrot cake
I just thought you might be happier if you could get your lunch in downtown. surely you have more choice than Johnsonville village.

One of the reasons I don't mind working in Welly is I can have nice lunch if I want to. though I go to the same place(s) over and over again most of the time! and taking a short lunch break (20 minutes) & eating at my desk, because of the pressures of work.

I don't know what the hell are you talking about bacon, brie and cranberry back home? don't think I had that stuffs in Edinburgh

where's Tawa bakery? ???? I'd like to have the bestest carrot cake in the world also! It's purely because of you! mr bru!

why don't you get some carrot cake for me

Last edited by crap coffee; May 2nd 2008 at 2:25 am.
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:06 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
OMG now I want a macaroni pie!
A scotch pie.

mmmmmmmmm
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
A scotch pie.

mmmmmmmmm
you get them in scottish bakery in auckland...Garry went yesterday and they had just made a whole batch of them..

He came back with a haggis...Having Haggis Tatties and neeps for diner tonight...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Jacky
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

I just thought you might be happier if you could get your lunch in downtown. surely you have more choice than Johnsonville village.

One of the reasons I don't mind working in Welly is I can have nice lunch if I want to. though I go to the same place(s) over and over again most of the time! and taking a short lunch break (20 minutes) & eating at my desk, because of the pressures of work.

I don't know what the hell are you talking about bacon, brie and cranberry back home? don't think I had that stuffs in Edinburgh

where's Tawa bakery? ???? I'd like to have the bestest carrot cake in the world also! It's purely because of you! mr bru!

why don't you get some carrot cake for me
Bacon, Brie & Cranberry is still one of my fav sandwich fillings

J'ville is rubbish for food at lunchtime, would be happier if there was at least a branch of Wishbone around here...

Tawa bakery is ok, better than the Pink Pineapple, and they do have some really nice cakes for not a lot of money
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by garryhg
you get them in scottish bakery in auckland...Garry went yesterday and they had just made a whole batch of them..

He came back with a haggis...Having Haggis Tatties and neeps for diner tonight...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Jacky
And you can get them in a bag of 4, frozen, in McPhee's in Tawa (which is turnign into the home of good food, but its not!!)
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

J'ville is rubbish for food at lunchtime, would be happier if there was at least a branch of Wishbone around here...
yeah. I understand what you mean. they (Wishbone) aren't bad, are they? I often go to there for a quick lunch. but Wishbone is a bit pricy - Paul said it to me. and I agree with him.

Last edited by crap coffee; May 2nd 2008 at 3:59 am.
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

yeah. I understand what you mean. they (Wishbone) aren't bad, are they? I often go to there for a quick lunch. but Wishbone is a bit pricy - Paul said it to me. and I agree with him.
Yeah, but you get what you pay for, its nice though
Old May 2nd 2008, 11:24 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

a decent curry with a proper naan bread
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:45 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

OK send me your orders, I've a Greggs down the road, you can't move without tripping over a good curry house here and I know an excellent sandwich shop which does Brie, bacon and cranberry sauce in whatever bread you want!

I'll get it all in the post, not sure if customs will let it through though
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue R
OK send me your orders, I've a Greggs down the road, you can't move without tripping over a good curry house here and I know an excellent sandwich shop which does Brie, bacon and cranberry sauce in whatever bread you want!

I'll get it all in the post, not sure if customs will let it through though
Can you get me one of those big huge chocolate dooughnuts that they do
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Only one?
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

...a big fat bacon butty, nice fried bacon on a buttered white big floury roll, with tomato sauce, mmmm....
What a shame you don't live in the Bay of Plenty you could get lovely bacon from Doug's shop. Might be worth a trip with a cool box. Make a weekend of it.

www.mysausages.com