Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Fave real estate listing titles...

Fave real estate listing titles...

Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Fave real estate listing titles...

I HATE the way that homes are sold here in NZ....

Some of my faves are

"Buyer says SELL".....Of course he does!!!!!

"Vendors are packing their bags"...Well I hope so I don't want to live WITH em do I now

"Whats love got to do with it" WTF!!!!!!!!????!!!!!

Please tell me some of your faves....Give us a laugh!

Last edited by NZGrl; Aug 11th 2008 at 12:22 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fave real estate listing titles...

How about "New baby forces sale"

What I find more funny tho, is the pictures that people use to 'market' their houses. Some are blurry, some show absolute mess and some just show pix of furniture rather than the actual room. My all time fav was a pic just of a plant - don't think that would entice anybody to purchase on the strength of that one!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:23 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

We had a good laugh when looking on the 'net' before moving over, you just wouldn't get the same comments in the UK.

Humongous where we would say spacious. Mind you humongous does give more of an idea of size

Pauline
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Welly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really nice

I can't understand why people put pictures of their pets into the home details - cats seem to be a favourite!!!

I saw one ad the other week which said "he's gone so she's off too!" Nothing like letting the buyer and everyone else know someones circumstances!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, there are some right horrendous old cliches that they stream out time and time again:

'A honey for the money'
'Ticks all the boxes'
'Home and Income' - you too can rent out your cold, damp shed to an unsuspecting migrant family.
'A peek of the sea' - Yep you can just see it, if you stand on a chair and balance one leg on the bathroom windowsill.
'Live like a star' - What in Manukau?

'Low maintenance Home' - Don't bother packing you lawnmower, the garden is way too small for that.

'A doer uppers dream' - bulldoze it and start again.

'Enchanting, Cute and Cosy' - Shoebox
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welly Wife
I can't understand why people put pictures of their pets into the home details - cats seem to be a favourite!!!

I saw one ad the other week which said "he's gone so she's off too!" Nothing like letting the buyer and everyone else know someones circumstances!!
Yep, some of them are pitiful, by some small chance you might just let the heart strings be tugged, feel sorry for this woman and buy her house.

The difference is you need never see the owners when you buy an NZ house, so I think they don't much care what personal stuff goes into print. They often have no shame as to how shabby or dirty it is either, because they don't have to front up to you and try to sell it. We went in one really scabby disgusting house and said something to the agent about it being a shame there had been no effort to clean up the place and she said; 'Well we tried, you should have seen it before.'
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:59 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought of this thread when I saw in the Sunday Herald property pages an ad with a photo of a couple coming down the steps outside the property carrying their suitcases!! Hilarious!!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I thought of this thread when I saw in the Sunday Herald property pages an ad with a photo of a couple coming down the steps outside the property carrying their suitcases!! Hilarious!!

Now let me guess what the strap line was either:

'Off to Oz.'
'Australia Bound'
'Committed to Aus....'
'Relocating to....'
'We've already moved to....

Been looking this past week or so for ourselves and the number of properties listed with vendors stated as either already being or hoping to be in Australia is unreal. There seems to be heaps of people out there desperate to sell up and get out.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

I saw one the other day with a cat curled up under a bush....Something about the cat being sad to leave...Lovely!!!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Lor', some of the phrases they use are just dreadful!

Ours was marketed with "Flying the Coop" we don't own chickens

My pet twee RE moment is the photograph of a table with two glasses and a bottle of sparkly - pfffttt! Used many a time!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

My fave is the bathroom photo with toilet seat left up.....I always want to buy that house