Cucumber News

Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cucumber News

It's not just us that drop our jaws at the price of fruit and veggies in NZ:

'Rip off alright!' Kiwis in Aussie shocked at New Zealand food prices - NZ Herald
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:44 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Cucumber News

Supermarkets sewn up between too few major retailers that control both distribution and retail store channels. Bit like internet Telecom/Chorus prior to unbundling.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Guess what the only raw vegetable our little boy doesn't refuse to eat is? He's a chip off the old block that lad is!

I see Countdown have cucumbers on the website at $5.49, I'm guessing in the Dunedin branch they're pushing $7 or maybe even more. Someone pop down Andy Bay Road and put me out of my misery will you.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Guess what the only raw vegetable our little boy doesn't refuse to eat is? He's a chip off the old block that lad is!

I see Countdown have cucumbers on the website at $5.49, I'm guessing in the Dunedin branch they're pushing $7 or maybe even more. Someone pop down Andy Bay Road and put me out of my misery will you.
Must be right boring in Yorkshire if you are still fixated on NZ cucumber prices - obviously you are still pining for NZ. Still with a bit of luck you will convince a few more forum readers to return to UK thus reversing the migration flow
Old Aug 1st 2017, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
Must be right boring in Yorkshire if you are still fixated on NZ cucumber prices - obviously you are still pining for NZ. Still with a bit of luck you will convince a few more forum readers to return to UK thus reversing the migration flow
More people are moving this way, it's the cucumber effect.

Cucumber News is a life long commitment, it wasn't joint winner of the best thread of 2016 for nothing coming top with the US presidential election thread.

Cucumbers won't start wars with North Korea or build pointless walls.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 9:18 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Amen to that
Old Aug 1st 2017, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

More people are moving this way, it's the cucumber effect.

Cucumber News is a life long commitment, it wasn't joint winner of the best thread of 2016 for nothing coming top with the US presidential election thread.

Net UK migration to NZ (2016) 4400 - and only a slack handful (incl yourself) returning to UK would you SHOUT louder please.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Net UK migration to NZ (2016) 4400 - and only a slack handful (incl yourself) returning to UK would you SHOUT louder please.
I love how you take Cucumber News so personally not realising it's a piss take.

That's the real reason why Cucumber News is the success story it is.

Carry on biting* like a typical kiwi Kotare, it's very amusing.

*(don't keep biting cucumbers though, you'll end up bankrupt)

I'm off on holiday for the next month now so I'll be out there doing cucumber research, ahh the stuff you can afford to do when you're not forced to pay 3 and half quid for a cucumber!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

I love how you take Cucumber News so personally not realising it's a piss take.

That's the real reason why Cucumber News is the success story it is.

Carry on biting* like a typical kiwi Kotare, it's very amusing.

*(don't keep biting cucumbers though, you'll end up bankrupt)

I'm off on holiday for the next month now so I'll be out there doing cucumber research, ahh the stuff you can afford to do when you're not forced to pay 3 and half quid for a cucumber!!!!
Glad I am a typical Kiwi (despite being born in Dorset) imagine admitting to Barnsley. Even my Yorkshire wife (Richmond) wouldn't admit to that. It would be funnier if you came up with something slightly original even if it was only regional variations on cucumber sandwiches (I guess up north you leave the crusts on and don't peel the cucumber)?
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Glad I am a typical Kiwi (despite being born in Dorset) imagine admitting to Barnsley. Even my Yorkshire wife (Richmond) wouldn't admit to that. It would be funnier if you came up with something slightly original even if it was only regional variations on cucumber sandwiches (I guess up north you leave the crusts on and don't peel the cucumber)?
Is that the best you've got Kotare, just some snobbery, how very sad?

Unoriginal and unfunny but I love how you keep biting. CHOMP

But can you keep this thread on topic please, if you want to be all snobby and unfunny go do it on a non award winning thread please.

I'll await you creating hysterically funny and interesting threads about your wonderful life in NZ.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Back on topic

I've just made a cucumber sandwich (pic attached). I always leave the wrapper on, apparently shandy loving southerners not only take the wrapper off but they also peel the cucumber and slice it up. Hardly surprising from a place where it's completely normal to have a splash of lemonade in the top of a pint!

Show us your cucumber sandwiches pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Cucumber News-20170802_062244.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

I've dug out a picture of a typical cucumber sandwich I used to make myself in Dunedin.

(Just so certain people know the above is a lie, I've just done it in my kitchen for comedy purposes)
Attached Thumbnails Cucumber News-20170802_073747.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Is that the best you've got Kotare, just some snobbery, how very sad?

Unoriginal and unfunny but I love how you keep biting. CHOMP

But can you keep this thread on topic please, if you want to be all snobby and unfunny go do it on a non award winning thread please.

I'll await you creating hysterically funny and interesting threads about your wonderful life in NZ.
What was that about a sense of humour and Biting!
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've dug out a picture of a typical cucumber sandwich I used to make myself in Dunedin.

(Just so certain people know the above is a lie, I've just done it in my kitchen for comedy purposes)

I cannot show you any sandwich as this is far, far beyond my means at the present time.

When on special offer I do tend to salt season said bountiful fresh cucumber slices by placing on me eyelids for a minute or two first to enhance the taste when then placed,sliver thin, in a soggy asparagus white sliced bread roll.

I took this pic a few days back .
Saw them and thought of you & your refreshing humour BarnsleyMatt.

Attachment 128203

Me
The real deal . Dorset.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS

I cannot show you any sandwich as this is far, far beyond my means at the present time.

When on special offer I do tend to salt season said bountiful fresh cucumber slices by placing on me eyelids for a minute or two first to enhance the taste when then placed,sliver thin, in a soggy asparagus white sliced bread roll.

I took this pic a few days back .
Saw them and thought of you & your refreshing humour BarnsleyMatt.

Attachment 128203

Me
The real deal . Dorset.
Top marks on getting your camera out and taking a snap, I'm not the only one snooping around veg aisles and taking pics in stealth mode then.

FIVE NINETY BLOODY NINE!!!!

As we are heading away today I've just emptied the fridge out and me n the boy have been up to the farm in our village and fed the pigs roughly the equivalent of $NZ53 of salad including the cucumber pictured above.

That right there is hard hitting up to date international Cucumber News. Back to the studio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.