Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Continental drift to earthquake

Continental drift to earthquake

Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Continental drift to earthquake

All praise to the Department of State passport people.
Well, you'll all know that the immigration process in the US is pretty slow moving. But sometimes there's a spurt at the end (or an ex-spurt: a drip under pressure).
Naturalized (oaf ceremony) on the 20th November. Applied for a passport last Tuesday 25th (Expedited so the form and certificate will have arrived in PA on the Wednesday 26th before Thanksgiving).
Well the passport arrived today! 8 actual days with the Thanksgiving holiday sandwiched in between!
So when things have gone slowly over 5 years to have 2 significant events happen together so quickly is incredible and wonderful.
I'll also post the link to this thread on another posting as I know someone else has an up and coming oaf ceremony and was traveling to Scotland shortly after. I let them know that passports seem quick now - but I think a day trip to the 'emergency' center was expected anyway..
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Continental drift to earthquake

Originally Posted by AlanR
Well the passport arrived today! 8 actual days with the Thanksgiving holiday sandwiched in between!
WooHoo!

Ian
Old Dec 4th 2008, 1:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Woooo!

All hail!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

WOOHOO indeed

From your Scottish buddy soon to get her passport too
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations from one oaf to another.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlanR
Well, you'll all know that the immigration process in the US is pretty slow moving. But sometimes there's a spurt at the end (or an ex-spurt: a drip under pressure).
Naturalized (oaf ceremony) on the 20th November. Applied for a passport last Tuesday 25th (Expedited so the form and certificate will have arrived in PA on the Wednesday 26th before Thanksgiving).
So when things have gone slowly over 5 years to have 2 significant events happen together so quickly is incredible and wonderful.
I'll also post the link to this thread on another posting as I know someone else has an up and coming oaf ceremony and was traveling to Scotland shortly after. I let them know that passports seem quick now - but I think a day trip to the 'emergency' center was expected anyway..
Hi:

Back in the days before the National Passport Agency, there was a trick for renewals of mail to the Seattle PP office. No expedite fees back in 95 -- it was four days portal to portal. In 2005, it was about 2 weeks.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

If only the USCIS was as fast eh? My passport application took 11 days and that wasn't expedited, so that's 8 actual days in process including the postage time. Pretty darn good I'd say
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

.....there was a trick for renewals of mail to the Seattle PP office....
Not sure what this means. How is mail renewed? Is this recycling of envelopes?