Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Am I just being a miserable bugger who hates change or...

Am I just being a miserable bugger who hates change or...

Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:07 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Am I just being a miserable bugger who hates change or...

...does anyone else feel that this board has lost a bit of 'zing' since all the OT stuff is now in the Sheep Dip?

I look at the topics on the front page - and though they are all very relevant, wholesome and helpful to the whole 'moving to NZ' theme, the page itself comes across a little... dare I say... boring?

I seldom have the time to click forum to forum during the day (cos I'm meant to be working!! ) but always liked this forum - compared to others - for the ease of navigating through threads all in the one place. In my opinion it seems to have lost a bit of the immediate fun element now as the fun has to be searched out.

So am I to be labelled an old doddery misog in asking why this was changed? If so label away - T already says I should be drawing my pension but an answer would be cool.

Cheers,

Wiz
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I just being a miserable bugger who hates change or...

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
...does anyone else feel that this board has lost a bit of 'zing' since all the OT stuff is now in the Sheep Dip?

I look at the topics on the front page - and though they are all very relevant, wholesome and helpful to the whole 'moving to NZ' theme, the page itself comes across a little... dare I say... boring?

I seldom have the time to click forum to forum during the day (cos I'm meant to be working!! ) but always liked this forum - compared to others - for the ease of navigating through threads all in the one place. In my opinion it seems to have lost a bit of the immediate fun element now as the fun has to be searched out.

So am I to be labelled an old doddery misog in asking why this was changed? If so label away - T already says I should be drawing my pension but an answer would be cool.

Cheers,

Wiz
Hi Wiz, yes i think the board has come somewhat 'samey'. I guess we are to blame as we are the ones who make it 'happen'. The zing does appear to have departed. I am sure it will return.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:39 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Andy your right, you are a boring old misog.

Only joking

Sorry about the e-mail earlier today, she s**t the life out of me to

Speak to you soon buddy
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:53 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

I have been wondering for the past couple of weeks about this and came to the conclusion that it may well be me. Been their seen it done it attitude with regards to posting (including my own). Sheep dips not much better than main forum. I have a few threads that I follow avidly. But I do feel that a lot of it is simply we all have the same questions but ask in a different manner, so we have a lot of repetition.

I do like it when a thread looses it's track a little due to the 'jibes' some of 'you' enjoy making, it put's fun into the threads and makes me laugh. For example the thread on 'cocks'.

'A bit of fun' in the sheep dip is what the forum needs. We all have the 'winter blues' are need a laugh, this lacking at the moment.

I mainly go straight to sheep dip.

Pauline
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you fella! Maybe they should switch the Sheep Dip and Main New Zealand thread around, so you get the more prevalent stuff first and have to search for the real information!!!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:17 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,

Wiz
Come on, its one little click, you shouldn't get repetitive strain injury the NZ forum isn't that big
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:54 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Come on, its one little click, you shouldn't get repetitive strain injury the NZ forum isn't that big
Ah Sue, you truly do underestimate my exceptional laziness

<gumpy old man> I s'pose I'll just have to get used to it.

Now where's my pipe and slippers?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:04 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Sue, you truly do underestimate my exceptional laziness

<gumpy old man> I s'pose I'll just have to get used to it.

Now where's my pipe and slippers?

Gonna start calling you Victor