Go Back  British Expats > Search Forums
Reload this Page >

Search Results

Search: Posts Made By: kwisking
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Jul 14th 2011, 5:11 pm
Replies: 2
Views: 515
Posted By kwisking

Lost/Stolen Greencard, N-400

I had my green card stolen while I was in China recently, when I flew back to the US I showed them a copy of it at immigration and they did some computer stuff and let me in so I assume its probably...
Jan 10th 2011, 11:21 pm
Replies: 8
Views: 1,136
Posted By kwisking

Re: H1B marrying a USC

When I married my husband back in 2002 I was on an H1-B. All I did was apply for an adjustment of status. I think that was the I-130 and I-485 plus there's a form for a work card while they adjust...
Forum: USA
Jun 2nd 2010, 12:11 am
Replies: 21
Views: 1,893
Posted By kwisking

Re: Bank Account

When I applied for an SSN there was a phone number you could call a day or two after you applied and they would give you your SSN over the phone. I don't know what the # is but its probably on a...
Jan 26th 2006, 8:03 pm
Replies: 1
Views: 261
Posted By kwisking

Re: 2 Different Receipt Numbers!

I had something similar happen, I got two notices with different A numbers on them when I applied for my 751. What I did was I called the 1-800 # for the California Service center, and after waiting...
Dec 29th 2005, 12:58 am
Replies: 2
Views: 364
Posted By kwisking

Re: H1-B Marrying US Citizen - do I need to change/do anything?

Since you are already planning for a wedding in summer 2006 and as stated above you can't file anything till after the wedding. I would wait until either after the Honeymoon or if you get laid...
Dec 28th 2005, 9:11 pm
Replies: 1
Views: 345
Posted By kwisking

Re: Fiance w/ TN Visa seeking adjustment to permanent status

From what I know you should be able to get married then file all your papers while both of you stay in the US. This might be a bit tricky on a TN for two reasons.

First a TN is only valid for...
Dec 28th 2005, 8:40 pm
Replies: 3
Views: 329
Posted By kwisking

Re: GC via employment vs marriage based AOS

Things may have changed lately but here's some tips from my experience.

Getting a green card through employment can be more difficult and usually takes longer then getting one through marriage. ...
Oct 26th 2005, 7:11 pm
Replies: 4
Views: 337
Posted By kwisking

Re: What's with CSC and I-751's?

If it follows last years pattern processing may speed up again. When I filed last year around July, from the dates I saw I figured I wouldn't have my 10 year green card before summer 2005. But I...
Sep 30th 2005, 7:06 pm
Replies: 11
Views: 625
Posted By kwisking

Re: Estimated time to mail a receipt for I-751 from California Service Center

Yes you will get a letter stating that your Green Card status has been extended for 1 year. With a reciept # etc. But you can't use the system on the internet to look up your status. They just...
Jul 15th 2005, 8:49 pm
Replies: 26
Views: 882
Posted By kwisking

Re: AOS Question

I also think filing correctly now would be the way to go. I don't know all the details but from what I know you will probably be better off filing married so you have probably lost out on refund...
Jun 7th 2005, 6:55 pm
Replies: 7
Views: 400
Posted By kwisking

Re: H1b - out of status - marrige

This almost happened to me, we were planning our wedding and had been engaged for almost a year when the company I work for said they were giving it 3 months to either sell the company employees...
May 18th 2005, 6:17 pm
Replies: 33
Views: 2,451
Posted By kwisking

Re: Carry your green card?

Yes probably different State to State here in California the bank holds it. Which my parents thought was weird. Since in Canada you get it. Since everything here including banks is different State...
May 18th 2005, 6:02 pm
Replies: 9
Views: 549
Posted By kwisking

Re: Need help!! (from the beginning...)

Depends what state or city you are in here in San Diego when I applied for an EAD 3 years ago I got the EAD the next day. I would of got it the same day but the EAD office closes at 3pm and I didn't...
Apr 19th 2005, 12:35 am
Replies: 14
Views: 783
Posted By kwisking

Re: Trouble with I-751....time running out!!

Its also a good idea to send this type of thing with some type of delivery confirmation. 3 day priority plus delivery confirmation through the post office will probabaly cost you just under $5. Or...
Apr 12th 2005, 6:41 pm
Replies: 19
Views: 892
Posted By kwisking

Re: Green Card Photos

I also had my pictures done at Walgreens I'm pretty sure they are the passport ones the envelope thing they gave me said pass port on it. The immigration office in San Diego accepted them just fine...
Apr 5th 2005, 7:35 pm
Replies: 8
Views: 26,038
Posted By kwisking

Re: Canadian passport renewal: ppt 132 online?

I found the PPT 132 on the Los Angeles consulute site. So if your in a big town or close to one try that. They mailed it to me all I had to do was fill out a form with my address online. Faster...
Mar 30th 2005, 11:44 pm
Replies: 6
Views: 444
Posted By kwisking

Re: Buying a car

I'm not sure about the international license thing but there are a few insurance companies that count UK driving history I believe AAA is one of them. Call around and get a copy of your UK driving...
Mar 9th 2005, 7:49 pm
Replies: 3
Views: 556
Posted By kwisking

Re: Welcome Letter??

Thanks Samblue, thats what I was looking for, somone with the same experience. I guess they just have one form for the welcome letters, which is very confusing but not surprising.
Mar 8th 2005, 9:38 pm
Replies: 3
Views: 556
Posted By kwisking

Welcome Letter??

I filed my I-751 to remove conditions back in July of last year. In January of this year I got my approval letter which stated I should bring 2 pictures to my local office and apply for my new green...
Feb 25th 2005, 11:02 pm
Replies: 2
Views: 386
Posted By kwisking

Re: TN renewal rejected

You could also look into a fiance visa. This visa is designed to let your fiance into the US for the wedding so you would have to get married within 90days of entering the US. After you get married...
Feb 25th 2005, 10:52 pm
Replies: 10
Views: 587
Posted By kwisking

Re: Moving while Conditional Permanent Resident

When we moved last year, within the same city, I sent an AR-11 and another form. The other form was called something like change of address for sponser. One form went to my local immigration office...
Dec 4th 2004, 12:09 am
Replies: 7
Views: 618
Posted By kwisking

Re: I 751 Adjustment of Status Date Mix up

I did the same thing I filled my I-751 with the California office about 60 days before my experation date. I got my NOA with plenty of time to spare. I also had to send in an AR-11 there is also a...
Oct 11th 2004, 10:39 pm
Replies: 51
Views: 2,950
Posted By kwisking

Re: How you can have a simple case, do everything perfect, and INS still screw you ov

I have a similar problem the INS seems to have duplicated my file. I recenntly filed my change of address in July. After that I got a notice saying welcome to the US, you're green card is in the...
Sep 15th 2004, 9:09 pm
Replies: 14
Views: 638
Posted By kwisking

Re: Problems getting FL Driver's License...argh

You need to send in a fee $12 I think and some paperwork back to Canada. I found the info on this website.


I didn't bother changing mine since I...
Forum: USA
Apr 8th 2002, 7:05 pm
Replies: 1
Views: 321
Posted By kwisking

Re: Fingerprints San Diego

Still looking for advice...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39

Forum Jump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.