Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Systembolaget - State Liquor Store

Systembolaget - State Liquor Store

Old Nov 13th 2015, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Systembolaget - State Liquor Store

My Viking pals live in Shetland !!!! We sent them there after the Battle of Largs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Largs
Old Nov 13th 2015, 5:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Shame about that.
Just thinking we could have had Norwegian neighbours for all these years instead of hairy arsed men in skirts.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Norwegians I know have no love for the English ! And they do not use racist insults for their neighbours.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 2:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think they have any great love for anybody apart from themselves and least of all the Swedes usually the butt of all their jokes and vice versa.
Hope you are not taking my light hearted remark too seriously, always thought you guys looked on it as the norm just as vice versa.
Cant imagine you in a kilt anyway, but maybe I'm wrong ?
In any event I've always enjoyed my time up there on the West coast, seems to be turning into little England as lots of folk try to evade the invading hordes further South, though up to now I've never visited Glasgy
Old Nov 14th 2015, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Place is full of settlers as" White Flight" from the South continues. Of course it is not PC to talk about this.
Unlike many, I am quite happy to call a spade a spade and make it clear that I do not necessarily approve of "Soothmoothers" settling here. Some I like and some I don't. same applies to everyone.
Just remember - under every pair of breeks there is an arsehole.

Last edited by scot47; Nov 14th 2015 at 3:32 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 9:01 pm
On the road again.

I've seen the same happening further South. I bought a place for my daughter in N.London quite a few years ago because she had a decent job in the city.
It was a pleasant neighbourhood at the time, but now most of the locals have moved further north into Herts as the new "settlers" came in and gradually turned the area into a right tip.
Fortunately I don't have to live there, much prefer my home village up north when in the UK, though even there quite a few townies are moving in.
It used to be a pit village way back and when the mines closed, the NCB as it was then, virtually gave the houses away to the occupants, rather than be stuck with the costs of maintaining them. Some were demolished but the rest are worth a bob or two now. Truly amazing how some run down old pit villages are now quite desirable places to live, especially where they're now surrounded with nice countryside.

Suppose you can always join your Viking pals in the Shetlands if you start to get crowded out by Sassenachs.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Nov 14th 2015 at 9:04 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2015, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The Norwegians I know have no love for the English ! And they do not use racist insults for their neighbours.
My family's experience has been quite the opposite. My son (English) has lived in and around Oslo for 12 years, and has as many Norwegian friends as English. Visiting, his mother and I have never had less than total courtesy and friendliness from the natives. They don't particularly like speaking English, but generally do speak it well.

If only the place was a wee bit warmer, all year round!
Old Nov 15th 2015, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe we mix with different Norwegians.
Old Nov 15th 2015, 8:14 pm
On the road again.

SDL and pro-refugee groups clash in Ayrshire town over asylum hotel (From Herald Scotland)

I see you have your own brand of nutters north of the border as well.

Maybe the Shetlands are starting to look quite inviting.
Old Nov 16th 2015, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Very small number of SDL, vastly outnumbered by democrats and anti-fascists. "We are many : they are few", in the words a of a great English poet.