Sweden or not?

Old Dec 8th 2014, 9:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sweden or not?

OK guys.

Deep breaths in and out please & back away from the over heated keyboards.

Realistically neither country will be the black hole of Calcutta will it, any more than New Zealand is , which is where I now live, or any other country.

Obviously we are all entitled to our opinions and views based on our own experiences, personal likes/dislikes but can we remember it is just that please. Subjective.

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2014, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Ugo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond repute

There you go, another thread about Sweden ruined by the lack of objectivity.

Sweden is great... Sweden is hell....
Already heard.
Also the story of "I've been x years in Sweden, always wanting to leave...but I'm still here".
At this point I'd say the only thing I'm really afraid of is that there must be something that prevents you to leave once you're there
One might say it's because life over there is not too bad, but what do I know?
Oh, yes, the kids, I forgot...

Anyway, Brauz, if you're still reading this useless thread, would you please care to tell us if you actually learned something useful?
Old Dec 11th 2014, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Mike1001 is on a distinguished road

My little tuppence worth. Selfish people are everywhere. Drunks are everywhere. Taxes are everywhere. Crime is industrial in scale and controlled at high levels. Wherever you go in the world these are undeniable truths.
When people make idols of pop stars and sportpeople and watch masses of Tv and are rewired by screen time should we be surprised. We are all being conditioned to be super competitive and super selfish.
Then as the insanity of modern living ( totally unethical) creeps in the obvious answer is to desolate whats left with drink drugs and whatever sensational selfish experience comes along. Anything to escape from reality. But whos reality are we escaping from?
Sweden is a beautiful place. There are many outstanding good people here but thats not the point, happiness is earned by self discipline and unselfish acts not by turning a singer into a God or making football or drink or the fulfilling of your next appetite the only goal in life. Taking offence at every nuance pr comment as seems to be the case these days gets all of us exactly nowhere.
Live and let live and see all experience in the terms of improving and learning and you wont go far wrong.
If you feel compelled to go somewhere or do something then bravo good for you. Wringing your hands and becoming part of the what-if brigade gets you nowhere in life.
Ive been here two years. I will be off soon. I have my idea of Nirvana and so far it does not exist in the material physical world but I keep moving on and seeing where life takes me. One thing is for sure if I listened to every naysayer or every problem that may exist when living a life I would not have had a life worth living.
Good luck
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

My son and his children live in Norway, which is a fine place with lovely people. He would prefer there to Sweden, as a general statement, but he has no complaints about Stockholm (which is all he knows of Sweden; he worked there for a while), and would never bad-mouth the country.

The only thing he and I hold against Sweden is its politics - and we will stop doing that the minute the government promises not to send Julian Assange to the US to be tortured.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What do they have against Assange ? Would they really hand him over to the megalomaniac imperialists in DC ?
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
What do they have against Assange ? Would they really hand him over to the megalomaniac imperialists in DC ?
As far as I'm aware, the two girls he's accused (though never charged) of raping were put up to it. One of them withdrew her complaint, the other was hiding out in Israel at last report. Sweden has nothing against Assange personally, but when The Empire whistles - well, you know. Just following orders... Poor Sweden, to be ruled by politicians who have brought its reputation so low over this Assange business! Did you ever read "Catch-22"? I once blogged that if Heller were writing the book today he would have Yossarian jumping in the boat and rowing not Sweden but to Ecuador!
Old Dec 28th 2014, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Annabel12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brauz
Hello everyone, Braulio is the name...
Can anyone show me a positive side to this?
Thanks
Braulio
Hej Braulio!
First of all I don't get what this guy Bamse is doing here - don't listen to him as he's Swedish and he'd never say the word of critique about this country (brainwashed from young age as someone mentioned before).
So after 18 months here I can say that:
- you'll freeze there. I'm not coping with -20 living in central Sweden, head more to the South
- yes you need personnumer, it takes about a year to get it, before that you don't exist in the system
- you won't get even cleaning job without Swedish
- you won't get personnumer without proper job or own business
- food is actually good but the quality of fresh friuts and vegs is disastrous
- people are stiff and have no sense of humour whatsoever.
- nature is amazing
- you'll be a subject of intensive muslim propaganda dressed up as anti-rasism
- it surely is better place to work/run business then UK but you gotta be really determined
- if you're a social person it will be even harder as you won't make any friends and you'll not want to make any
- customer service is below any standards
- the way Swedes treat pets/animals is shocking
- you have to keep your opinions to yourself
- whatever you say has to be politically correct
That first few things that come to my mind.
And @Bamse - yes indeed nobody forces me to be here so I'm off to some truly civilised place as soon as I milk enough money for my early retirement, I'm counting days!
Old Dec 28th 2014, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

+1 Annabel,
it took me 43 years to finally get out, as you said on retirement, and have spent 2 glorious years in France, every day I pinch myself and say aloud, yes! I really Live here! So go for it gal!
Happy New Year to you and other sufferers in Sweden!
Blackie
Old Dec 28th 2014, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blackladder
+1 Annabel,
it took me 43 years to finally get out, as you said on retirement, and have spent 2 glorious years in France, every day I pinch myself and say aloud, yes! I really Live here! So go for it gal!
Happy New Year to you and other sufferers in Sweden!
Blackie
Hiya!

Yeah I remember you moved to Southern France - we have the same plan thinking of some place near Spanish border, I hope it won't take 43 yrs though I'm so glad you're happy there! Happy New Year to you, too ☺
Old Dec 28th 2014, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

There's a house in our village for sale at 39,000 Euros! (and not just a pile of old stones either!)
blackie
Old Dec 28th 2014, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

There's a house in our village for sale at 39,000 Euros! (and not just a pile of old stones either!)
blackie
Bloody hell! So it's the same kind of prices as here - I didn't realise it's possible! This means that I'll get the hell out of here even sooner whooop! whooop! Maybe I could open a beauty salon there to have something to do?
Old Dec 28th 2014, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Annabel,
Unfortunately, the French being much more clothes, hygiene, fashion and appearance-conscious than the Swedes will ever be, there are plenty of beauty services here, but there is a shortage of English speaking beauticians and other healthcare experts, especially in the areas where there are large concentrations of English people - the Dordogne, Normandy, Britttany for example. For house prices and so on, try googling 'Greenacres france' and you'll get quite a surprise!
good luck!
Blackie
Old Dec 28th 2014, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi Annabel,
Unfortunately, the French being much more clothes, hygiene, fashion and appearance-conscious than the Swedes will ever be, there are plenty of beauty services here, but there is a shortage of English speaking beauticians and other healthcare experts, especially in the areas where there are large concentrations of English people - the Dordogne, Normandy, Britttany for example. For house prices and so on, try googling 'Greenacres france' and you'll get quite a surprise!
good luck!
Blackie
I'll focus on my hobby then which is gardening - in French climate it'll be heaven on earth. I'll defo take a look at the houses, cheers!
Old Dec 28th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

The first Autumn we were in our house, we planted Fig trees, Apricot trees, Plum trees, Peach trees, Grape vines, and all are doing well! SW France seems to be particularly good for Figs and Apricots!
Remember the final words of the immortal thriller The Count of Monte Cristo: 'Wait and Hope'!
bisous
Blackie
Old Dec 28th 2014, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Michellemadisson is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Annabel ! I see that you seem to agree with most of what I said earlier and more! Just as every expat Ive met or spoken to regarding Sweden and the Swedes.
It kinda shows everyone here Im not a crazy person on a rant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.