Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Scandinavia...Leaving Bergen

Scandinavia...Leaving Bergen

Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scandinavia...Leaving Bergen

Yes Norway is expensive but I love it! Bergen is a fantastic city, enjoy! Last time I stayed in Det Hanseatiske Hotel which isn't cheap but has lots of character and is in a great location!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...rn_Fjords.html

Skål!

Adele :-)
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by adele
Yes Norway is expensive but I love it! Bergen is a fantastic city, enjoy! Last time I stayed in Det Hanseatiske Hotel which isn't cheap but has lots of character and is in a great location!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...rn_Fjords.html

Skål!

Adele :-)
Thanks for the tip. Did some research and it looks like a real winner. We are going to book our last two nites in bergen before we head for home at the hotel.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Thanks for the tip. Did some research and it looks like a real winner. We are going to book our last two nites in bergen before we head for home at the hotel.

Oh great! Have a fantastic time and if you need any help with the Norwegian language let me know
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh great! Have a fantastic time and if you need any help with the Norwegian language let me know
Thanks for everything love. Will indeed get in touch if necessary. Our trip is only a few months away and we are getting quite excited.

Take care!

Last edited by willmore; Feb 13th 2008 at 1:24 am.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for everything love. Will indeed get in touch if necessary. Our trip is only a few months away and we are getting quite excited.

Take care!
No problem, I can talk about Norway till the cows come home! I'm hoping to return there to work for a couple of months this summer, I miss the place to bits. If my Canadian PR app doesn't go through then I may well move to Norway
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No problem, I can talk about Norway till the cows come home! I'm hoping to return there to work for a couple of months this summer, I miss the place to bits. If my Canadian PR app doesn't go through then I may well move to Norway
Whoooosh. I noticed your maple leaf, but it didnt connect that you were intending on moving to canada. Where are you planning to settle and when?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Whoooosh. I noticed your maple leaf, but it didnt connect that you were intending on moving to canada. Where are you planning to settle and when?
If it all comes to fruition then to Vancouver...sometime in the next year!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If it all comes to fruition then to Vancouver...sometime in the next year!
Well best wishes to you love, you will love vancouver (its expensive), but a beautiful place to live. We'll almost be neighbours! JDR (one of the mods on this forum) lived in vancouver for many years, so can attest to the beauty of BC.

Good luck with everything!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well best wishes to you love, you will love vancouver (its expensive), but a beautiful place to live. We'll almost be neighbours! JDR (one of the mods on this forum) lived in vancouver for many years, so can attest to the beauty of BC.

Good luck with everything!
Yep, I lived in Vancouver for a few months when I was in Canada on a BUNAC visa a few years ago, it really offers the kind of lifestyle that appeals to me, so fingers crossed it all works out. Got meds in 3 weeks and then it's down the the officer to make the final decision! (see signature for full timeline)

Thanks for all your wishes!

Adele
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:01 am
Just Joined

RogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant futureRogerLaura has a brilliant future

Why not take the ferry!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RogerLaura
Why not take the ferry!
Don't talk to me about that bloody ferry! I'm working in Norway now and have my car with me but because DFDS are stopping the UK - Norway route at the end of this month I am going to finish early and go back to the UK earlier than originally planned. The only viable alternative with a car involves 2 ferries, going through Denmark and takes several days.

Jævla DFDS!!! :curse::curse::curse: