Salary in Denmark

Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Seaside Shrimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary in Denmark

I'm currently going through an interview process for a job in Denmark and the question of salary came up. Although I've looked into it to an extent i.e. I'm aware of the high tax and cost of living, I didn't feel confident enough to provide an expectation.

Having done some research and calculations I've come to the figure of 360,000 DKK per annum but I have no idea if that means I'll be eating tinned soup every day of the week or dining out at the finest restaurants. I'd be looking to live in the Vejle County area.

Can anyone give me some pointers on this? Thank you to anyone who spares the time to answer.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Ugo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary in Denmark

I know that's about the average salary for a postdoc, so I'd be tempted to exclude the possibility of tinned soup based diet

I'm no expert on the matter though, so you better wait for a more educated reply
Old Sep 13th 2013, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Seaside Shrimp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply.

I've let them know my very rough estimate so fingers crossed!
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:18 am
Just Joined

DanishHopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

what is the basic pay rate in Denmark ?
Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

ienidk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I am a 29 years old telecom RAN engineer (2G, 3G, LTE) with 5 years of experience in integration (NIS), L2-support (AMS) and validation/testing.

I am evaluating the salary level for a possible job offer in Copenhagen. I did some google search but surprisingly not so much information out there. But from the info found, I am considering to mention 55000 euros (410300 DKK)/gross/year. If total taxes (health, income,...) are 35%, it would mean a 2980 euros (22226 DKK)/netto/month.
What would you think about this figure? Is it market rate for telecom business? Would it be enough for normal/decent living? I mention I am single, do not have children.

Thank you.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Jean.dF is an unknown quantity at this point

ienidk,
410.000 DKK for 2nd tier, testing etc. your age is a little above average for this type of job profile.
Income tax in Denmark covers a lot of services that would usually be extras in most countries, and e.g. a private health insurance will often be included as a job benefit (if not, the public health sector is fine). Benefits are popular in Denmark due to the high taxes. So paid phone, comms lines etc. will often also be included in a contract. If not, ask for it. It's worth much more than the similar extra gross income.
Taxation is progressive, with 410.000 I believe your estimate of 2980 euro/month is quite reliable.
With that, you will be able to enjoy more than a descent living, unless you plan on buying an expensive car. All cars are expensive, BTW ! And beware, night life etc. is expensive too in Copenhagen. Besides that, you will be well off.