Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Roskilde Denmark - Self Employed

Moving to Roskilde Denmark - Self Employed

Old Apr 27th 2014, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

AtlanticPacific is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Roskilde Denmark - Self Employed

Hi, are any members here self employed and moved to / live in Denmark?

Or does anyone own a business where they sell products and know about the tax involved?
Does everyone have to be VAT registered and pay 25% sales tax on top of the normal income tax?
I keep reading contradicting views online and the more I read the confused I am getting.
My boyfriend and I were both born in Britain and moved to Berlin a few years ago.
We are self employed, where we make our products ourselves and sell them online. We own a very small business, just the two of us involved, we don’t have to be VAT registered in either the UK or Germany.

One final question, realistically how easy is it for non-Danish to find somewhere to live?
We are wanting to move to Roskilde.
Even though there is a lot of literature online about moving to Berlin most say to allow between 2 weeks to 2 months to find a rental. It took us almost 7 months(!) to get a lease and our income is above the German average.
Whilst wanderlust has kicked in and we desperately want to move there I am not sure we can go through that again.