Moving to Norway

Old Jun 19th 2014, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Woodsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Norway

Hi all, newby here

After 32 years in Scotland I have decided to upsticks and move to Norway.
My partner is Norwegian for anyone who was curious.
So questions.

form ca3916 is a request for a form U1, what else would I need for HMRC?

We are packing up a van and heading via ferry through Denmark and then ferry to Stavanger.
How are customs in Norway?
we are not brining in any alcohol or tobacco but I have a lot of electronic equipment, servers and computers and games consoles. (I like computers)
Would they cause any problems?

Thanks in Advance

D
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

MrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Norway

Hey Woodsa, I'm new here too. I've lived in Bergen, Norway for 7 years now. Its been such a long time since I filled in all the bits of paper I can't really remember. So I will just answer all the answers I can remember and hope that helps. I don't think you will have any problems bringing electronics into Norway, bar the obvious and irritating plug problems. Here's a webpage for answers about customs I can't be sure of.

Flytte til Norge med bil - Tollvesenet

Unfortunately I can't find this particular page in english, though maybe your partner can read it.

I hope it helps!