Moving to Gothenburg

Moving to Gothenburg

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 12:25 pm
esr
Just Joined

esr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Gothenburg

Hi Guys,

Moving to Gothenburg with my partner. Been a bit of a drama, but we have both secured jobs in Gothenburg, and now just finalizing contracts.

So now the hard bit, getting over there i guess..and any help and advise is greatly appreciated. Especially if someone is currently living in Gothenburg, an idea of costs would really help. A brits experience of moving to Gothenburg would be really helpful to know, or what to expect!

I have read on other threads and websites some useful information and advise about getting a personal number, european health card etc. Personal number i think the company will be supporting me with, i know i need to register for residence if i am to stay longer than 3 months, but appears this can be done once im over there.

Accomodation looks like the biggest challenge. any advise on where to look out for, or how to look out for scams in particular.

Relocation in terms of shipping personal affects, and temporary accommodation looks like its in hand, so its the longer term issue. Reading up it seems to be difficult to get a tenancy, and been advised by someone living in Gothenburg to get the company to sign a tenancy contract if possible.

How to work out take home salary would also be useful, this seems to be one i cant find!