Reload this Page >

Buying a car in Denmark

Buying a car in Denmark

Old May 28th 2017, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

nickagian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a car in Denmark

Hi,

we will move to Denmark next year and we are thinking of whether to bring our own car with us or buy a new one there.

I am a bit confused with the registration tax that is applied to the cars. Is it added on top of the listed price (in case we buy a new car)?

And if we import our (used) car, how will the SKAT calculate its market price?

Thanks!
Nikos
Old Jul 6th 2017, 1:03 am
Just Joined

ragnar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying a car in Denmark

Hey Nikos,

First of all, welcome to Denmark, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Regarding your question, listed price in included tax, but I would generally not advise buying a car in Denmark as a foreigner due to the 105-150% tax on new cars.

If you want to import a car, check out here: https://motorregister.skat.dk/dmr-fr...treringsafgift

You can calculate how much to pay in taxes for importing. It's in danish but choose Import and use Google translate.

These guys seem to do import services of cars: Import af bil og motorcykel - Quick Import ApS, also danish but try calling them.

I would probably recommend doing some kind of leasing deal, particularly if you can get your employer to help out.