Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Montessori / Preschool jobs Sweden

Montessori / Preschool jobs Sweden

Old Oct 6th 2013, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Jb2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montessori / Preschool jobs Sweden

Hi all. I am a qualified Montessori teacher who has a bachelor degree in Montessori education with roughly 4 years teaching experience. I am considering moving to Sweden for a year or two to gain further experience in an overseas environment. I don't speak any Swedish but am of the understanding a lot of the preschooling in Sweden is taught through English. Could anyone advise me of job prospects and where would the best place be for further information. Thanks.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

skylarkpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Montessori / Preschool jobs Sweden

Hi,
My daughter goes to our local Montessori primary school. They do have English lessons but those are normally given by a Swedish teacher. The kids with an English speaking parent do get Hemsprak lessons. Sort of mother tongue language lessons. In my daughters school these are only one day a week and given by a semi-retired English teacher who lives locally and services several schools. The best advice would probably be to contact the Montessori head office for Sweden if they have such a thing. Or alternatively a couple of Montessori schools here. They would be best placed to properly answer whether working here as you suggest is feasible. Montessori is popular here so there may be something that would suit you. Good luck.