Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Help!! Personnummer in Norway

Help!! Personnummer in Norway

Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Silks9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!! Personnummer in Norway

Just moved to Norway and have been offered a job BUT for them to give me a contract they need my Personnummer. The tax office won't give me one until I have an employment contract. Any one ideas what I do in this situation.

Also the job is a temporary cleaning job with Bergen Kommune and to get a permanent personnummer I need a 6 month contract but this contract is just as and when needed.

I don't want to turn it down as my friends have worked hard to get me contacts for jobs but I just don't know what to do now.

Help please
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! Personnummer in Norway

Silks. I think there's something missing in this story. To the best of my knowledge Norway allows pretty much any foreigner to work at all sorts of casual jobs. My son has just quit from his "permanent" job of six years in Oslo, and has expressed no worry about getting other work. (He's not a Permanent Resident.)
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Silks9
Also the job is a temporary cleaning job with Bergen Kommune and to get a permanent personnummer I need a 6 month contract but this contract is just as and when needed.
I believe this answers your question.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

MrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to beholdMrsEgeland is a splendid one to behold

Hey Silks9,

I worked for Bergen Kommune when I first arrived, they gave me a 6 month contract, but I got a temporary number from Skateetaten. So if I were you I'd get in touch with them and explain that you need a temporary one to get the contract.

Skatteetaten - Person

I'm sure everything will work out great! Good luck and welcome to Bergen!