Getting Married in Denmark

Getting Married in Denmark

Old Aug 24th 2002, 7:30 am
Just Joined

melmarii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting Married in Denmark

Dear All,

Would like to get your opinion on this one:
I am a Filipina and will soon get married in Denmark on a Tourist Visa next month to a German National. I wish to know if once we are married, can I get my temporary Residence Permit in Germany or do I need to go back to my home country and get my Spousal Visa?? I asked our embassy and the marriage in Denmark is valid for my home country. And this is the same also for Germany.

Your immediate advise will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much and all the best.

Best Regards,
IPC
Old Aug 25th 2002, 2:28 am
Nichol

Default Re: Getting Married in Denmark

Congratulations, melmarii! May you and the soon-to-be Mr. melmarii have many happy
years together. You can try for an answer for your visa questions with the kind folks
here: http://ww-
w.filipinamates.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?forum=12&923

.:Nichol:.

melmarii <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dear All,
    > Would like to get your opinion on this one: I am a Filipina and will soon get
    > married in Denmark on a Tourist Visa next month to a German National. I wish to
    > know if once we are married, can I get my temporary Residence Permit in Germany or
    > do I need to go back to my home country and get my Spousal Visa?? I asked our
    > embassy and the marriage in Denmark is valid for my home country. And this is the
    > same also for Germany.
    > Your immediate advise will be highly appreciated.
    > Thank you very much and all the best.
    > Best Regards, IPC

Old Aug 25th 2002, 8:26 am
Just Joined

melmarii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting Married in Denmark

Thank you very much Nichol. I went to the website and I have seen that issues discussed there were mostly those who are going to the USA. Anyway, I post my inquiry and hoping I can get a reply.

To the rest, would be nice to hear if you hear such cases like mine. Would appreciate that very much.

Best Regards,
IPC

Originally posted by Nichol:
Congratulations, melmarii! May you and the soon-to-be Mr. melmarii have many happy
years together. You can try for an answer for your visa questions with the kind folks
here: http://ww-
w.filipinamates.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?forum=12&923

.:Nichol:.

melmarii <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dear All,
    > Would like to get your opinion on this one: I am a Filipina and will soon get
    > married in Denmark on a Tourist Visa next month to a German National. I wish to
    > know if once we are married, can I get my temporary Residence Permit in Germany or
    > do I need to go back to my home country and get my Spousal Visa?? I asked our
    > embassy and the marriage in Denmark is valid for my home country. And this is the
    > same also for Germany.
    > Your immediate advise will be highly appreciated.
    > Thank you very much and all the best.
    > Best Regards, IPC